• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#11 Ryan's girl

Ryan's girl
  • 256 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:49 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crystalballl
    Oooh I totally love that charm idea. Was thinking about how to go about personalizing the Cups.
    Dumb question, how you u fasten the charm 'ring' up? tie a knot in the string stuff?
    We used more of a fishing line rather than a string and we just tied them on, with many knots so that they wouldn't come apart (that was DH's job, he definitely wasn't interested in beading!)
    Our ELIZABETH MEDINA slideshow
    http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42700
    My Iberostar Lindo reviewhttp://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42812

#12 jackobelle

jackobelle
    • 359 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:35 PM

Amy, I love the foam letters too! So cute & fun! Did they fall off a lot though? So many great ideas - Thanks!!!!

#13 punkie569

punkie569
      • 255 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 04:23 PM

I bought Sharpie markers for writing on plastic so I can just write everyones name on their cup. I have done a tester and with a lot of scratching it will come off but I was going to bring the pens along anyway for touch ups. Although now that I've seen the charm idea I'm really loving that and might have to switch it up.
        Two lives, two hearts joined together in friendship united forever in love

#14 jackobelle

jackobelle
        • 359 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:35 PM

Punkie,
          Was it a regular Sharpie marker? I am wondering if the "metallic silver" Sharpie marker would stay on better?

#15 ashey063009

ashey063009
          • 604 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:43 PM

You girls are all so creative! The tags are such a great idea, super cute.

I can't remember which bride it was, but one of the BDW girls actually wrote on the side of each with waterproof marker from Micheals. It was really cute, and seemed pretty easy (so long as you have decent writing skills, which I don't lol)

What about printing "logo stickers" on waterproof sticker paper and putting them on each mug?

#16 jackobelle

jackobelle
            • 359 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 05:13 PM

The stickers are a great idea too, thanks! I'll have to go to Micheals and check out what they have.

#17 erinleigh

erinleigh
              • 316 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:25 PM

Fantastic ideas! I hadnt even thought about people getting their mugs mixed up, but I'll be using one of these ideas now for sure. Yet another reason to LOVE the BDW forum!

#18 kari

kari
                • 55 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:43 PM

What I have decided to do is make "luggage tags" with everyones name on one side and underneath the name i put maid of honor, best man, brides cousin etc so ppl will have an easier time rembereing who is who without always asking. and on the other side im putting "here for the wedding of . ___ and the date. then laminating them and attatching them with carabiners (the metal thingys...sorry not a very good description). once i finish them i will upload pics.

#19 punkie569

punkie569
                  • 255 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 01:17 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jackobelle
                    Punkie,
                    Was it a regular Sharpie marker? I am wondering if the "metallic silver" Sharpie marker would stay on better?
                    They are called Sharpie paint pens. It's an oil based paint marker so I don't know how different that is from the metallic pens. I can't remember who it was but they used them on their mugs to personalize them. I bought a tester mug to try them on and also so I could let the paint cure and hopefully not scratch as much. It's been on there for over a month now and if I scratch at it it will come off but I have to scratch pretty hard. Honestly the only problem I see doing them this way is having to write on the mugs. It's really hard to write nicely on a rounded piece of plastic...LOL

p.s. If you can't find them in a store like me I bought mine on ebay :)
                    Two lives, two hearts joined together in friendship united forever in love

#20 Amarillis

Amarillis
                    • 1,913 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 01:21 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by jackobelle
                      Amy, I love the foam letters too! So cute & fun! Did they fall off a lot though? So many great ideas - Thanks!!!!
                      the foam letters did not fall off.... even after a wash in the dishwasher when we returned!

you'll find them at dollarama in the scrapbooking section!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users