The Big Island resort/hotels: the good & Bad!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 05 October 2006 - 07:00 PM

If you have vacationed on The Big Island, tell us where. how was the resort? would you go back? i want the lowdown.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#2 jthrasher

• Banned
  • 486 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 11:56 PM

I used to live in Kona so if anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me.

#3 eyeexpression

• 10 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:51 PM

I shoot weddings on the Big Island on the Kona Coast. My favorite resort is the Orchid, pricey but so classy and beautiful. Don't get me wrong, there are so many others, but the Orchid has something special about it.

#4 REBECCA

• VIP Member
      • 1,825 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 05:06 PM

I am going to a wedding at the Hapuna Prince Beach Resort on the Big Island May 11th. I will post a report and take pictures!

Alexander & Juliette - Born 3/15/09</center>

#5 Jessalyn

• 1,876 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 05:31 PM

I stayed at the Fairmont Orchid last Feb/March. We actually got engaged there. It was amazing!! So beautiful and peaceful. I have a ton of pictures at home. I'll post some in the next few days.

We stayed in a VIP section I think. I think it was called "gold crown" or something like that. But we had a private conceirge for our floor and they took care of everything for us. There was also a private dining area that served a very nice continental breakfast and mid-afternoon snacks and evening cocktails. It was amazing. Oh and the bathrooms were gorgeous with marble floors, counters and showers. The bed was delightful with white down comforters. Definitely the nicest place I've ever stayed! ....we were soo spoiled there! It was not cheap.....I think almost $500 a night.

They had many onsite activities that ranged from yoga to snorkeling, guided walks, kayaking and a lot more.

Here is a pic of our engagement dinner. It was a private dinner on the shore on the grounds of the Fairmont Orchid.
          Click the image to open in full size.
          My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
          Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#6 gina@pixoflife

• 46 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:08 PM

Hi, we went to the BI for our honeymoon and had a great time. We stayed at a really cute cottage called Volcano Teapot Cottage for the first couple of nights. It was only a few minutes away from the Volcano. The owners were very nice & helpful, delivered great breakfast treats each morning and we loved the jacuzzi in the outdoor gazebo.

The rest of the week we stayed at the Hapuna Beach Prince (got an awesome deal w/ partial ocean view on Priceline). We would definitely stay there again, the beach is gorgeous, staff was very nice, good food but of course that added up in $$. The room was fairly nice and very spacious. If you ever stay there definitely go early in the morning to reserve one of their poolside cabanas for $45. Comes with a cooler, bottled waters and will be a welcome shade when the sun really starts burning down.

www.pixoflife.com :: Visit the BLOG for our Latest Work!

#7 gwynemark

• 96 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:36 AM

if you want something different but so amazing, check out Welcome to Volcano Rainforest Retreat: A Distinctive Volcano B&B

each bungalow is stand alone and the location is beautiful. No, its not on the beach but its up in the mountains near the volcano national park.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users