Anyone do Isle Runner?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 msemi305

• 162 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 04:35 PM

Hey Ladies...
    I am just wondering if anyone has done or is considering doing an isle runner for the beach?

I am thinking about doing one but can't make up my mind....looking forward to your info.

#2 Alanna San Diego

Alanna San Diego
    • 23 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:41 PM

I am torn on that too. I definitely want rose petals, but am not sure if they should be sprinkled on the sand or on a runner? Curious to see what others have done :-)

#3 budgetjamaicabride

• 516 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:02 PM

I will be doing a runner of petals, not a regular runner. I have this vision of trying to walk on a runner on the sand... picture trying to walk on your beach towel... just seeing potential for too many issues.

#4 jennie

• 200 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:26 AM

Any past brides out there that can answer me whether or not the resorts will allow you to sprinkle rose/flower petals on the sand? I didn't know just how strict they were. We are getting married in Jamaica. I guess I could ask the WC in an email.

#5 Taghan

• 239 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:42 PM

I'm going for petals lining sides of the aisle, it'll be a great contrast agaisnt the sand!

#6 KarenM

• 1,920 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:58 PM

Rose petals would be really pretty & I really like the idea of them lining the sides of the aisle. I have no idea what we'll do, but I guess we have some time to figure it out.

#7 jennie

• 200 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:26 PM

Just got word back from the WC at RPTB that it's ok to line the aisle with rose petals. She said that they use petals from the flowers in the garden. I like this idea for an aisle marker. I think I would be way too nervous to to be coordinated enough to not trip on a runner. lol

#8 estella1007

• 475 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:29 PM

I am doing one. I ordered a bamboo runner. It looks like those bamboo beach mats that you can roll up, but its 50 ft long.

#9 ~Nicole~

• 4,512 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:37 PM

My package comes with a wood runner but I'm afraid that my dress is going to get caught on it and rip! So I thought that lining the aisle with petals would be a good alternative but I'm afraid that they'll blow away on the beach. So I'm undecided
                    *Formerly Nikki07*
                    My Planning Thread

#10 ~Nicole~

• 4,512 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:45 PM

Megan, I love the look of that white runner! It really pops!
                      *Formerly Nikki07*
                      My Planning Thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users