Photo

Videographer - In desperate seach

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 nscheatham

nscheatham
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:32 AM

So I traveled to my hometown this weekend to visit my parents. With the wedding being only 3 weeks away, we were discussing some details of the wedding. When my father found out I opted not to have someone video the ceremony, he was really disappointed. Since there is nothing I won't do for my daddy, I am now frantically searching for a videographer. I searched the forums and contacted people, but nothing yet. Anyone have any suggestions or knows of someone?

#2 Blkatz

Blkatz
    • 1,025 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:34 AM

We used Mike Cantarell and he is awesome. I would definitely reccomend him!
      Cancun Wedding Videos | Mayan Riviera Wedding Videographer | Mike Cantarell

#3 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:03 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Blkatz
        We used Mike Cantarell and he is awesome. I would definitely reccomend him!
        Cancun Wedding Videos | Mayan Riviera Wedding Videographer | Mike Cantarell
        email claudia, his wife, to book. you hear back from her faster Claudia Rodriguez wedding photography

give him a disc of your ceremony music & other songs youd want on the dvd.

i didnt know to give them the song we walked down the aisle to & something else was dubbed on top.

#4 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
        • 2,777 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:01 PM

I second Mike he responded to me very quickly!

Or you can contact Paul (hes a member of the forum) with playa weddings Playa Weddings - Video and Photography in Playa del Carmen and the Riviera Maya

#5 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
          • 5,705 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:34 PM

Good luck with your search, there are many great options around!!

#6 rarehybrid

rarehybrid
            • 9 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:59 PM

Wedding Photographer for Cancun, Riviera Maya

and Cancun Wedding Photography

#7 amdecker

amdecker
              • 169 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:24 PM

Can anyone give me an idea of how much a videographer costs? I want to have a video of my wedding, but I am trying to decide if its better to buy a nice video camera we can use again and have people pass it around to tape the wedding OR should I just hire a videographer. I'm thinking I will need someone to tape through the ceremony, reception and dinner, so maybe 4 hours.

Any suggestions? Oh and since I'm staying at the Riu Palace Las Americas in Cancun, I have to pay $100 to bring the videographer on site. So, would it just be better to buy a video camera?

#8 MarieSam

MarieSam
                • VIP Member
                • 2,336 posts
                  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:54 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by amdecker
                  Can anyone give me an idea of how much a videographer costs? I want to have a video of my wedding, but I am trying to decide if its better to buy a nice video camera we can use again and have people pass it around to tape the wedding OR should I just hire a videographer. I'm thinking I will need someone to tape through the ceremony, reception and dinner, so maybe 4 hours.

Any suggestions? Oh and since I'm staying at the Riu Palace Las Americas in Cancun, I have to pay $100 to bring the videographer on site. So, would it just be better to buy a video camera?
                  I think this definitely depends on how important a good video is for you. The same argument goes with photography -- would you necessarily want to rely on a friend or family member to catch all those important moments? A professional is there for one purpose, to document one of the most important days of your life!

The difference between family/friends and a professional taking pictures or shooting video is glaring ~ at first I initially thought photography was of utmost importance to me. But now that the wedding is over I'm DYING to see our video because I want to relive the entire experience -- seeing and hearing things that I didn't get to catch

I personally went with Paul Schrank of Playa Weddings Playa Weddings - Video and Photography in Playa del Carmen and the Riviera Maya ~ he and his assistant were phenomenal and so professional and accommodating on our wedding day. Videography is like photography and can range in prices, it really all depends on how long you want them for. Also make sure to review past work they have done, like photography, styles range from flashy to simple. So make sure you love who you hire!

Another perk to hiring a pro is that it usually comes with post-production and editing (this is where they make their real money -- telling the story and editing is hard stuff and time consuming!!!!). But at the end of the day you'll end up with a kick ass video to show everyone!

Just my two cents, hope that helps

#9 marny61

marny61
                  • 165 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:11 AM

I also understand if is a challenge picking up the sound on your own videocamera due to the wind and the ocean - a professional would make sure that you can hear/see the ceremony.

#10 amdecker

amdecker
                    • 169 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:36 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by marny61
                      I also understand if is a challenge picking up the sound on your own videocamera due to the wind and the ocean - a professional would make sure that you can hear/see the ceremony.
                      Humm, good point. I really need to figure out something quickly, the wedding is only a month away!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users