SO SICK! And the wedding's in 5 days!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 yamille

• 1,460 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:50 PM

Feel better Petals! If you can get your hands on some Throat coat tea- medicinals makes it and you can find it at any health food store I suggest that.

I used to use that when I had to sing and had no voice. I am telling you it's great. So you will definately have your voice for your wedding day. Try not to talk unless you have to and drink that tea.

feel better!!

#12 jajajaja

• VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:50 PM

I was VERY sick on my wedding day. I could barely speak and my symptoms sounded quite similar to yours. Even though I felt terrible, I concentrated on making the most of it. I really believe my positive attitude really helped. Although my voice was really froggy for my vows, it's something that we laugh about now. Sometimes things like that can end up being a quirky memory you laugh about for years. :)

So for now, down all the healthy crap you can and put a smile on your face for your wedding day. It will turn out fabulous- sick or not. :)
      Happily married since 2008

#13 jk1101

• 2,582 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:57 PM

Awww - I hope you feel better soon - lots of tea with honey and rest as much as you possibly can - I know it's hard, but do your best.

#14 Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 3,490 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:06 PM

oh no! REST, REST, REST! I know that might be difficult with the wedding so close! Try not to stress too much about it either...that will just make it worse!

Feel better soon!

#15 ~*petals*~

• 1,572 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 04:51 PM

Thanks guys!! I knew you'd understand.

Jaime & Yamille-- Thanks for the recs. I'll definitely have to add those to my list. The doctor gave me antibiotics today, but I'm still trying all the home remedies to hopefully help things along too. Been taking multivitamins and zinc lozenges, drinking lots of tea, and trying to use saline wash to see if it helps to clear out my sinuses. Gotta get better!

Rachel- thanks for letting me know how you made it through your wedding day even though you were sick... there's light at the end of the tunnel!

#16 YoursTruly

• 1,097 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:56 PM

feel better..try a blend of cayenne pepper, lemon juice...works wonders for the throat. you will be fine for the wedding..you are prb stressing yourself out

#17 Cattie

• 594 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 03:17 AM

I ended up having a head cold. It sucked, but it ended up ok!

#18 Jenamie

• 392 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 03:31 AM

You'll be fine hun just dont strees yourself out rest and drink lots of water and have a posative additued hopefully you got it early enugh it will be gone by W- day!!

#19 Sloan

• 1,279 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 10:02 PM

Ugh... I feel your pain. I was super sick a couple of days before we flew out. Too much work and stressing about the wedding. Luckily I felt better after a day in that Jamaican humidity! Hope you do too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users