Photo

I might cry!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CrystalM

CrystalM
  • 829 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:36 AM

I'm getting married next year in St. Thomas. I pulled up the Magen's Bay authority website and the beach closes at 5pm. My printed invitations read 6pm. BEFORE I printed them I booked my wedding coordinator and she said 6pm would be fine.

My best friend is more than likely flying in that day (she has graduation for her Ph.D the afternoon before). I'm not sure about flight info yet, but I really doubt she'll be able to fly from Detroit to St. Thomas that day and be there by the time she'd need to be.

My hope right now are that she'll be able to be there early enough, but in case she can't, I have 3 options.

1. Move the time to 4:00 and continue without her. (not a fan of this because she won't be there and I'm sure the beach will be crowded on a Saturday)

2. Change the date. (NOT going to happen - chose the date for a reason!)

3. Change the venue. (I really wanted to get married on Magen's Beach!)

Thankfully, I'm sending packets out as soon as I get RSVP's. I'm going to include any change information in that, instead of paying another $310 for new invitations.

What other venue's should I consider at this point? I would prefer a beach, but someplace with a fantastic view would be okay. Or any other suggestions would be appreciated!
    I have a fabulous photographer I can share in the United States Virgin Islands in late April/early MayP.M. if interested!http://img.weddingco....pvbh7hxc5u.png

#2 Jenamie

Jenamie
    • 392 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:30 AM

call you WC if she said 6 was okay maybe thats for a reason, maybe they are open after 6pm for private things... like wedding...

Just call you WC and breath *hugs*

#3 Inked1

Inked1
      • 161 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:43 AM

You could also contact the beach authority directly. I know some state parks close the the public but are then still open for private rental events much later. I don't see why Magen's Bay would be any different. I am sure everything will work out in the end.

#4 CrystalM

CrystalM
        • 829 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:58 AM

Thanks...I emailed the Magen's Bay Authority and my coordinator. I just waiting for the reply.

I also decided that Elysian Beach will be my back up (and cheaper!) plan.
          I have a fabulous photographer I can share in the United States Virgin Islands in late April/early MayP.M. if interested!http://img.weddingco....pvbh7hxc5u.png

#5 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
          • 712 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:44 PM

Yea like other's said check with your WC I doubt that she'd tell you a time that you cant use. Also check out Lindquist beach that's where I'm getting married and I've heard that it's beautiful and there arent alotta ppl there...

#6 Jessica

Jessica
            • VIP Member
            • 11,939 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:58 PM

We had our wedding at Magen's starting at 5:15pm and everything was fine. The beach formally closed at 5pm when we got married there as well.

#7 CrystalM

CrystalM
              • 829 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 12:13 AM

I did hear back from the MB Authority apparently the beach is open 24/7 but the office is only 8-5?

WC said she didn't realize they had specific hours like that...

So, It's all good :)

#8 Jenamie

Jenamie
                • 392 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:24 PM

Yay! glad everything worked out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users