Photo

Wedding in in 7 weeks! FI forgot to renew his Passport!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 BBtoB

BBtoB
  • 399 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:49 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrsrhbtobe
    Congrats on the 7 week countdown BBtoB! My FI got his initial passport this winter for our impromptu vacation, and it only took 7 business days, without the expedite fee! I remember how long passports took right after Sept 11th, but they must have improved their system quite a bit. I'd assume that since your FI is renewing his, it will be even more speedy. Keep us posted and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
    Thanks so much MrsRHBtobe! I appreciate the support!

I will give an update later this week!

#12 BBtoB

BBtoB
    • 399 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:50 AM

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it! I am glad to hear I am not the only one going through this and that it will be ok!

#13 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
      • 2,777 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:58 PM

no Problem lady!!!!!! Alot of people don't know about the passport agencies, there's only 4 in the country, but I'm a real impatient person so its nice to get something as important as a passport right away without having to pay extra!

#14 BBtoB

BBtoB
        • 399 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 04:33 PM

Update!

Ok, so he took care it it! YAY!!! Went Walgreen's to get his pic taken (he said it was a horrible pic, I had to laugh!) and got the paperwork all filled out, wrote the check, and now just needs to drop it in the mail. So I guess it cost $145 total. Ouch, but well worth it!!!

I called the Passport office (he did too, which was surprising!) to make an appointment to get in there and they said you must have proof that you are traveling within 14 days, and I guess it costs $25 onsite (maybe this is a recent update/change?)....beats $60 plus! So since we didn't have documentation that wasn't really an option. :) But that is great to know if we don't get it in time! What a relief! I love piece of mind!

Thanks for all the responses and support, for those in the same boat, I feel for you! I don't know why men are such procrastinators!!! Uhhh! Drives me mad!

Thanks again ladies!

#15 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
          • 2,777 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 04:51 PM

YAY I'm glad he got it done! they shouldn't have needed proof, weird! i guess we all just said we were going to canada and you need a passport to drive up there now

#16 BBtoB

BBtoB
            • 399 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:15 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jacilynda
              YAY I'm glad he got it done! they shouldn't have needed proof, weird! i guess we all just said we were going to canada and you need a passport to drive up there now
              Oh right...driving...that would make sense...you wouldn't have proof. They asked for Boarding passes, or a work schedule. Lame!

But thanks for your help! I had no idea there was an office right here in Denver! There are only 4 in the country! Dener is too cool!

BTW, I used to live in Great Falls, I see your from MT! Beautiful country up there! I loved going to Glacier! Those were the days!

#17 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
              • 2,777 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:22 PM

You lived in GF!!!! I'm sorry! HA :) I LOVE it here, although Glacier tops it for sure! My dad's side of the family is from Fort Benton! I get so excited about anyone living here! I wish i lived near a bigger city so i could have a BDW girls night! Although Jean-Marcus (BDW Photog) used to live in Polson! Weird!

#18 BBtoB

BBtoB
                • 399 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:49 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Jacilynda
                  You lived in GF!!!! I'm sorry! HA :) I LOVE it here, although Glacier tops it for sure! My dad's side of the family is from Fort Benton! I get so excited about anyone living here! I wish i lived near a bigger city so i could have a BDW girls night! Although Jean-Marcus (BDW Photog) used to live in Polson! Weird!
                  Haha! Too funny! My dad was in the Air Force, so I was like 3 when I lived there...so too young to be bored or get in any kinda trouble. Small world, huh?

A DW girls night would be so fun!

#19 Janet

Janet
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,459 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:57 PM

I just got a new passport non-expedited and it only took like 4 weeks. You can call and get an estimated timeline. I think you will be okay! phew :)

#20 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 4,328 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:22 PM

we had a guest get a passport in one day! glad everything worked out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users