Photo

Another Bridal Shower!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 yamille

yamille
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 11:23 PM

Last night a group of about 12 of my classmates threw me a 2nd bridal shower. It was so thoughtful and sweet- especially since only one of them is coming to Mexico. I am very blessed. Here are a few pics for ya.

Click the image to open in full size.
    Someone said if you break a bow- you'll have a baby- so this is me- trying to.
    My friends made themselves little outfits out of the bed bath and beyond wrapping paper which was super cute. ha ha
    I definately cried at least 5 times. Every card had such a heartfelt, sweet meassage.
    I received some really cool gifts- among them a senegalese cookbook!
    And... a book to complete my thesis research!

I have been super spoiled and am so amazed by all the love.

#2 michellepicksbrent

michellepicksbrent
    • 1,448 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 11:36 PM

Aww, how sweet of your classmates! Looks like you had a great time :)

#3 mrsd09

mrsd09
      • 50 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:12 AM

Looks like a great time! It's funny you tried to break a bow...I did everything in my power not to =)

#4 Jenamie

Jenamie
        • 392 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:34 AM

thats so sweet I'm so very jealous of people getting muli showers and I'm not even getting one :/

#5 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,151 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 03:22 AM

aww that's so sweet, yamille! i too was amazed at the love and generosity of people (i had THREE showers, when i didn't think i should even have one, considering the cost of attending the wedding, and that most of these people weren't going to be there for it)!

i think when people recognize a true and honest love, they want to celebrate it and reward it. congrats!

#6 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 12,151 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 03:23 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jenamie
              thats so sweet I'm so very jealous of people getting muli showers and I'm not even getting one :/
              i didn't think i would or even *should* have a shower, but i had THREE. your wedding is not for awhile yet ... who knows? you could be pleasantly surprised! aren't showers supposed to be surprises anyway?

#7 Jenamie

Jenamie
              • 392 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 03:54 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by mummergirl
                i didn't think i would or even *should* have a shower, but i had THREE. your wedding is not for awhile yet ... who knows? you could be pleasantly surprised! aren't showers supposed to be surprises anyway?
                hehehe well I know the guys I work with wont :P
                (I'm the only girl where I work)

#8 yamille

yamille
                • 1,460 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:58 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Jenamie
                  I have a thread about how I didn't think my sis knew about showers and stuff and was wondering if I was going to have one at all. I totally understand. I will say that I mentioned my desire to FI and he sort of just told me to trust that all my friends and fam know what I need. I had never really wanted one but as I got closer to the wedding... I realized that I did want a girls day- not so much the presents actually but that was really fun. I say put it out into the universe if you really want it.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by mrsd09
                  Looks like a great time! It's funny you tried to break a bow...I did everything in my power not to =)
                  I didn't know abou this whole bow thing I just thought it was funny. I think when I was younger I would have avaoided breaking a bow- so I get that! I still didn't break one though. Someone got me scissors. We aren't trying till the end of the year anyway.

Quote:
                  i think when people recognize a true and honest love, they want to celebrate it and reward it. congrats!
                  I love that!

Quote:
                  BOth of mine were a surprise. I had an idea about my family one but I actually didn't think my friends would trek outside the city. I'm no good with surprises. I'm too controlling. My friends had to all come up with several lies.

#9 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
                  • 1,083 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:19 PM

Yippy Yamille!!! How fun ...

I am so happy that you had a great shower and great gifts.. you are too adorable trying to break that bow. I was so super careful that everyone as laughing at me.

#10 Amarillis

Amarillis
                    • 1,913 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:39 PM

Yamille, your girlfriends are too cute!

I love your expression in that last picture - with the book regarding the completion of your thesis.... too cute!

The big day is right around the corner!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users