Why STD and Invites for destination wedding?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lexibride

• 276 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 03:27 PM

Ok, so I'm sending out boarding pass save the dates. Is it etiquette to still send out formal invitations? They're ususally sent out 3 months before the wedding, but people will more than likely be booked by then so what's the point really I mean won't people be telling me when they book?

I'm just curious what others are doing.

#2 sportsdog2

• 87 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:21 PM

Good question. I was thinking the same thing and decided to search the forum for an answer. I sent out STD and a letter with information on our plans, the travel details and the resort for my wedding in December. 32 people have booked already with the travel agent and I do not expect anyone else to book. I am also curious as to what others are doing and have done. Thanks for posing the question.

#3 pvbeachbride10

• 202 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:36 PM

I agree!

I am sending save-the-dates 11 1/2 months before the wedding. I am still doing invitations, but am breaking the rules and sending them out 6 months ahead of time. Probably will send them out about November 1 for our May 1 wedding. If I feel I need to, I can do cheap postcards again. I am hoping 12 months and 6 months works fine.

#4 BachataBride

• Banned
        • 9,310 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:47 PM

I also sent my invitations out earlier than three months...I think it was more like 9!! I sent my STDs when I knew that we were having a DW and kind of had an idea of where & when. I knew I wanted invitations (I found really cute palm tree ones!), but like you ladies couldn't really justify sending them out. I knew we would be having a party to celebrate our wedding when we went "home" this summer so I added "reception in Newfoundland summer 2009...details to be determined". This was my justification...to send them so people would know about the reception!!

Remember...it's a DW so most traditions/timelines/expectations are typically thrown out the window. Do what you want!!!!

#5 Cassondra2009

• 444 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:04 PM

I sent out boarding pass STDs about 10 months in advance with a tentative RSVP card. I was planning on sending out formal invitations as well but decided against it. I am going to send out a formal invite for my AHR with response cards.

#6 lexibride

• 276 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:21 PM

So, should I treat my save the dates as more of an invitation?? I wonder if I should put RSVP cards in there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users