unity sand ceremony

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 amberlynne87

• 148 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:31 PM

Has anyone or will anyone using unity sand instead of unity candles at their ceremony? Pictures? Wording? Where did you get your unity sand set?

I have looked all over the place online and keep finding the same sets over and over. I'm not finding anything that is to my liking.

#2 betandpjk

• 59 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:58 PM

Not sure if you've seen this yet, but I found this website that has a few examples on the wording.
      Sand Ceremony
      Also, some people are using picture frames or shadowboxes instead of the vases. Let me know if you want that link.

#3 marny61

• 165 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:34 PM

My daughter is planning a sand ceremony instead of the unity candle. We were afraid with the wind, the candle idea would not work. Would love to hear some of your ideas on your sand ceremony's. This is such a talented and creative group, I am sure you have wonderful ideas!

#4 ~*petals*~

• 1,572 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:40 PM

There are a lot of threads in this forum that talk about the sand ceremony.

Here are a few of them I found using the search box at the top (to the right):

#5 amberlynne87

• 148 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:29 AM

Thanks for the links. I had already viewed those threads, but what I really wanted was for people to post pictures of their unity sand sets and share ideas.

#6 kitty_kat_uk

• 170 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:37 AM

We did the sand ceremony at our wedding after the normal vows but before signing the register. I found some wording on the internet and gave to the WC but she never passed this on to the minister and he used his own - which was quite similar anyway.

We bought from a company in England that is owned by a US company - weddingstar I think. It came with 2 large vases and also a smaller one (which had the sand fromthe beach in - and which the parents poured as the foundation sand). We had it engraved with our monogram and wedding date. We took in hand luggage but packed it in bubble wrap. The only problem we had in transport was on the way out of Jamaica. I think they thought it was drugs so the made us open the case. But they soon sent us on our way when they found out it was sand!!

Click the image to open in full size.

#7 jennie

• 200 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:00 AM

Hello ladies:
                Just wondering if any of you has seen or has actually done a shadow box picture frame for a sand ceremony? I'm looking to purchase one that is inexpensive if anyone has a suggestion. I keep on finding one that is linked to THE KNOTT, but would like to see other options.
                Thank you!!

#8 tina82

• 184 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:13 PM

Here is ours, much the same as kitty_kat_uk.

You can always go to the craft store, wallmart or doller store and pick up a set os vases you like, get them engraved if you want.

#9 TheFutureMrs.Sears

• 734 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 07:14 PM

I want the same kit..i'm on a hunt for the best price..lol

I have a question though...the third vase, do you fill it with the sand of the beach? Also, who pours that sand in?

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
                    http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

#10 tina82

• 184 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:21 PM

We left the third vase at home.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users