Photo

discountmugs.com warning!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 RORJamaica Bride 050809

RORJamaica Bride 050809
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:12 PM

I too have to warn people about discount mugs. I just got back from our wedding in Jamaica and have yet to email them, but they printed all our mugs perfectly, however after using them a day at the beach all the ink and our names came off, so now everyone body has a plain black mug as a souvineir. I plan to email them shortly about how disappointing/embarrassing the whole situation has been. Please heed the advice and avoid discountmugs.com

#12 da.shmoopies

da.shmoopies
    • 223 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:26 PM

I don't know how this company can stay in business with their shoddy products and with how many complaints they've had filed against them.

I'm sorry that your mugs are disappointment/embarrassment, and I hope this company does right by you. Thank you for the warning.

#13 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,680 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
      • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
      • LocationUtah

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:55 PM

Thanks for the warning. i would have hoped they learned from past experiences with other brides. Don't feel stupid it happens. I hope they can give you some sort of compensation.

#14 Amarillis

Amarillis
      • 1,913 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:15 PM

I used 4imprint.ca and they were amazing!

Click the image to open in full size.

#15 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
        • 475 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:08 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by RORJamaica Bride 050809
          I too have to warn people about discount mugs. I just got back from our wedding in Jamaica and have yet to email them, but they printed all our mugs perfectly, however after using them a day at the beach all the ink and our names came off, so now everyone body has a plain black mug as a souvineir. I plan to email them shortly about how disappointing/embarrassing the whole situation has been. Please heed the advice and avoid discountmugs.com
          Yikes! I'm worried. We just got our mugs and they look great. The logo is printed perfectly, and they actually look better than I thought they would. Now, I have to worry that the logo is going to come off.
          Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#16 JoLo908

JoLo908
          • 889 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 12:51 AM

Yeah, the SAME thing happened to ours!!! The logo is really tiny... but, we are just going with it because we ordered like 75... WTF though... it looks WAY smaller than what we did as the proof.... I am very wary about that kind of stuff... cause its a lot of money for it not to come out even close to the size we wanted....

#17 michelle6114

michelle6114
            • 209 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:58 PM

I forgot to add one of the excuses the sales rep gave me.....that the engraver can only print on the "flat" side of the glass!!! WTH?? SInce when does a mug have any flat side? I told her the exact mug I ordered from their site was shown with a huge logo....then she started mumbling about the "we reserve the right to alter images as we see fit" excuse. I hope the BBB can get them to reprint the right size. It has been a week and I am still furious!

#18 MnM2Mexico

MnM2Mexico
              • 54 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:29 PM

I was going to order our favors from there too. Thx for posting this warning. I'd rather spend a few extra bucks for good quality and better service.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users