• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 5,369 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:47 PM

So we were suppose to get married at Azul Beach Resort in the Maya Riviera on May 8, 2009. Thanks to the Swine Flu we had to cancel last minute. After a solid week of crying and being depressed, and trying to figure out what to do next, we decided to have our wedding on June 19, 2009 at the Four Seasons Biltmore in Santa Barbara. I have to personally thank Tammy for posting on this venue because otherwise I wouldn't have thought to look into it - so thank you Tammy!

Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts Web Site

Although it wont be my "dream" wedding I am starting to get excited for it. I actually went to school at UC Santa Barbara so it will be nice to be down with family friends (many who also attended UCSB). I still get my beach setting and best of all we were able to book Nathaniel Thompson as our Photographer w00000000000t!!

Let the planning begin...again

#2 KristinaM

KristinaM
    • VIP Member
    • 3,082 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 18, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Ocean Blue & Sand, Punta Cana
    • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:50 PM

I'm so glad you're feeling a bit better!

The site looks absolutely gorgeous and Nathaniel's work is unbelievable! I'm sure everything is going to turn out perfect!

#3 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
    • VIP Member
    • 18,452 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:52 PM

Nathaniels work is amazing. The venue is beautiful. I think you'll end up having a lot of fun in SB.
      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#4 JOSIE

JOSIE
      • 1,792 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:03 PM

wow the resort looks amazing. you'll make a beautiful bride and I'm so sorry about the cancellation of the first wedding- SO FRUSTRATING!! Stupid swine flu

#5 Amarillis

Amarillis
        • 1,913 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:41 PM

I am happy to read that you are moving forward... and honey... June 19th is just around the corner!!!!! GIDDY UP!!! YIPPEE!!! let the new planning begin!

#6 Jess

Jess
          • 4,455 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:03 PM

Yael I'm so happy for you - your wedding will be absolutely amazing!!!

#7 mich999

mich999
            • 386 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:26 PM

I saw Tammy's post and that location is unbelievable. I'm glad your plan B is working out and getting you excited again. Good luck!

#8 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
              • Moderators
              • 25,218 posts
              • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
              • LocationSeattle

Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:42 PM

all right yael!! so excited everything is going to work out. what a beautiful location, so happy you still get the beach wedding even if it's not the correct beach.

can't wait to see pics and hear all about it!!

#9 MarieSam

MarieSam
              • VIP Member
              • 2,336 posts
                • LocationSouthern California

Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:46 PM

Yael I know how sad you were when the stupid swine flu broke out, but I'm glad you were able to fine such a beautiful new location. And bonus for getting Nathaniel to shoot it!! I have no doubt your pics are going to be absolutely amazing and that you'll be a gorgeous bride!!! *many hugs*

#10 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 8,569 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 05:00 PM

Yay!! Your new wedding also sounds FABULOUS!!! Nathaniel is going to be amazing also!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users