Photo

Waxing

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Married_In_Maui

Married_In_Maui
  • 929 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:49 AM

How many of you have had a reaction (with either really bad redness & swelling or those white bumps) when having a wax job. I really want to get my eyebrows & possibly my upper lip (I know, how gross, but I've been blessed with all these little blonde hairs there & I HATE it) waxed 2 days before we leave so I don't have to worry about it so much. I just don't want to have a reaction or some bumps, so I want to hear your stories ladies. Thanks so much in advance for your replies!!!! Happy Friday

#2 Married_In_Maui

Married_In_Maui
    • 929 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:54 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by MegaShay
      I have sensitive skin and I tend to get redness and little white bumps when I wax (both eyebrows and upper lip). They go away within about 48 hours for me, so I'm going to wax about a week before I leave just to be safe.

How long does the waxing generally last for you?? If you have it done a week before, do you worry the hair will be back?? I made an appointment for Friday & we leave Sunday, do you think I should move my appointment up??Sorry for all the ??, but I've never waxed, I always just spend hours plucking (not really wanting to do that in Maui :) THANKS!!!

#3 Married_In_Maui

Married_In_Maui
      • 929 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:58 AM

True, I think I will call now & try to reschedule my appointment for earlier in the week. Thanks for your help!!! Have a good weekend

#4 lil_reeves

lil_reeves
        • 237 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:02 PM

If it's your first wax you will find the hair might come back a bit sooner. You might find regrowth within a week but it's hard to say. My first wax the hair started to grow back within a week but it wasn't too bad plus it came in thinner. However I agree with MegaShay that the redness or bumps would be far worse than having to pluck! I might move your appt to be safe!

#5 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
          • 2,754 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:28 AM

I too have never been waxed either but made an appt for my brow and lip before I leave for Mexico Am I supposed to refrain from plucking until then? Thanks ladies!

#6 lil_reeves

lil_reeves
            • 237 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:44 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by GinalynL
              I too have never been waxed either but made an appt for my brow and lip before I leave for Mexico Am I supposed to refrain from plucking until then? Thanks ladies!
              It's not a bad idea to refrain from plucking just so the wax can grab every available hair and you have a nice tidy wax. I guess it really depends how fast your hair grows back.

#7 GregsBride

GregsBride
              • 333 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 04:01 PM

I've never done a lip wax before. I do have a friend who uses Nair Face Cream regularly with no problem, so this may be an alternative.
                ~Christina

#8 blushingbride

blushingbride
                • 366 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 04:23 PM

I used to wax, until I found the great world of threading. When I used to wax, I would get red bumps and it would usually go away within a day, but just to be safe move your appointment. And like everyone else said, I would rather pluck than having to deal with redness or white bumps in your wedding pics! Yikes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users