DJ Doremixx Review - Cancun, Playa Del Carmen & the Riviera Maya

Hola Girls,

I just copy and paste the last review from our services, you can go and read the reviews in to the vendors section in the next link: 

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/products/dj-s-doremixx/reviews

The Best Wedding DJ Ever in Cancun/Playa Del Carmen!
lindaleal reviewed December 17, 2010 at 1:35 pm

I had read many great reviews from other brides about Doremixx (www.doremixx.com) as a DJ for other wedding in the Cancun/Playa Del Carmen area and Doremixx was even better than I imagined.  Believe me, this is a compliment, because I am the pickiest bride.  I was very nervous, since I am live in California and didnâ€t know what to expect from a DJ in Mexico.  I have to say Ivan who owns Doremixx runs one of the best DJ companies in Mexico.  He assigned DJ Temo to my wedding and he was fabulous!  He spoke great English and was very professional! My wedding was in Playa del Carmen, Mexico on November 12, 2010. 

Doremixx DJ services are better than any DJ Iâ€ve experienced at weddings in the United States. They are the first DJ I have ever experienced at any wedding that could get the older parents/grandparents in the crowd dancing as much as the younger crowd.  Everyone was having the best time and hardly anyone was sitting, they were all dancing – ALL NIGHT!  Unbelievable!  I even got grandpa break dancing by the end of the evening.  Iâ€ve never seen him so happy.  I did give Ivan (the owner) of Doremixx a list of songs and DJ Temo followed my directions to a tee, including when to play the wedding march, first dance, all my announcements, etc.  Doremixx was the best, because during the dancing portion of the wedding (after dinner) DJ Temo took my suggested songs and added his own flare.   He mixed some oldies and some new hip music, but melded it together beautifully.  He even took music requests at the wedding from guests and could download music in seconds.  DJ Temo told me that he changes the music based on the crowd.  So if a song wasnâ€t getting the crowd going, he would go back to the style of music that got the crowd excited.  Itâ€s a bit of trial and error at first, but once he figures out the right style, he sticks within a set of music that works for the crowd.  Isnâ€t that what you pay a DJ to do?  Doremixx did it perfectly! 

Doremixx is the only DJ company I know that provides cold fireworks during the first dance to make it more romantic and dramatic.  We choreographed a first dance by mixing 3 different songs, and DJ Temo ignited the cold fireworks on the dance floor right at the perfect time just as I asked.  You can also order a light up dance floor from them if you have your reception on the beach. I read in reviews that this was a great feature. Doremixx also hands out these cool dance props (different colored masks, balloons, and glow sticks) to the wedding guests to use while dancing.  Iâ€ll try to attach some photos to the review so you can see. When I saw that as part of the DJ package, I didnâ€t think much of it, but it was actually the biggest hit at the wedding.  No other DJ that I have seen provides these giveways…it added to the festive atmosphere at the wedding.  People were raving about it!  The wedding guests actually thought I bought those items and gave them to the DJ to hand out, because nobody had received such things from a DJ before at other weddings.  It made me look like the superstar bride.

The only thing Ivan can work on is responding to emails more quickly.  I was a nervous bride, so when I didnâ€t get a response from Ivan within 24-48 hours, I got nervous. Just know that he is very busy, but completely reliable.  The week of my wedding we met 3 days before the wedding day to go over the music list I emailed him. He was on top of all the details.  I felt so confident after our meeting and going into the wedding.  I had a wedding coordinator in Mexico (Erica Bresson @http://www.weddingsinplaya.com/aboutus.html).  She was amazing!  I so highly recommend her and she took over communications with Ivan of Doremixx. It was easier for her to contact him via phone and to meet with him about DJ service details for my wedding since they live near each other in Mexico.    

All in all, Ivan and DJ Temo of Doremixx far exceeded my expectations!  Two months after the wedding I still have wedding guests raving about the DJ at our wedding.  That says it all to me. I picked the best DJ in Mexico!  I have found that the things people remember about your wedding are your vows to each other, the beautiful location and setting of your wedding, and the DJ.  You get these things right and youâ€ll have the best wedding ever that your friends and family will rave about.  So book Doremixx early, because they get booked fast so you can get one of the three things done right!

Feel free to email me with any questions.  Happy Bride, Linda (Leal_Linda@yahoo.com)

Now you can reach us in the next e-mail: infodoremixx@gmail.com

Best,

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

We are thinking of booking DJ Temo at DJ Doremixx for our upcoming wedding on May 28th, 2011.  On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the best) how would you rate him?

A big thing for us is announcements at the reception. Does he make announcements during the reception (first dance, cake cutting, father daughter dance, etc...) ? Does he speak good English and do a lot of announcements?  Do you have any photos or video of the reception you could send me? 

Thank you!!

Melissa

• 1 month later...

Hola Girls!

I just want to advice you, please any request about our services is directly with us, you can find the form in our web page in the contact section or the e-mail mentioned in our siggy, we have been told that other vendors located in cancun and riviera maya are using our name DOREMIXX AUDIO VISUAL & PROFESSIONAL DJ`S to offer DJ services,  please make sure to send the request to the only aproved e-mails. we do not work with local WC`s they can`t offer you our services, if you already request our services trough your wedding cordinator from the Hotel make sure and send us an e-mail to reconfirm that the Real Doremixx will go to your wedding.

Best, Ivan Gomez

• 4 weeks later...

Hi ladies...

I was wondering if any of you have heard from Ivan recently.  I've been emailing him with questions about my wedding and haven't heard anything in weeks.  I'm a little concerned about the lack of response since we leave for Mexico in less than a month and he is doing the music for both our reception and welcome party.  Hopefully he's just out of town or something but I figured I would check in with the rest of the forum to see if anyone else is having this problem with communication right now!

Thanks!!

• 2 months later...

Originally Posted by emultari547 View Post

Personally, I dont have a great experience with them, old materials and poor service

Hola Emultari547,

I am really sorry to hear that, can you let me know when and where was your wedding, as I mentioned before there are others vendors trying to offer their services under our name, as you can read on the vendors section we have many great reviews and I am surprised to read this, please let me know in order to revise what happened during your wedding day.

I was trying to check your information but you are like a "lurker" and you have only 4 post in BDW forum, what do you mean with old materials and poor service?

Best,

• 1 month later...

Hola Girls! How I suposed the comment above from Emultari547 is an attempt to put down our reputation, seems like other people do not likes our succes and they are trying to put bad comments about us and this way trying to get more clients with them.   Please make sure to send your request to the mentioned e-mails in our siggy!!!

Best!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!  We used Ivan and DJDorremixx for our wedding at Now Jade on 8/6/11 and could not have been happier!  I put my husband in charge of music and he came up with a very detailed play list and a very specific idea of how and when he wanted certain songs played.  Ivan did not disappoint!  He had an instinct of which songs to mix and play and did an absolutely fantastic job!  My husband was very picky with his music and was very impressed with Ivan's ability to mix the music and keep the party going.  The masks, balloons and neon necklaces were also a hit :)  Thanks Ivan, you're great!

• 5 weeks later...

Hola!

I have some pics from your wedding here is the link:

August 06th 2011 - Now Jade

Originally Posted by snl2011 View Post

Hi!  We used Ivan and DJDorremixx for our wedding at Now Jade on 8/6/11 and could not have been happier!  I put my husband in charge of music and he came up with a very detailed play list and a very specific idea of how and when he wanted certain songs played.  Ivan did not disappoint!  He had an instinct of which songs to mix and play and did an absolutely fantastic job!  My husband was very picky with his music and was very impressed with Ivan's ability to mix the music and keep the party going.  The masks, balloons and neon necklaces were also a hit :)  Thanks Ivan, you're great!