DJ Doremixx Review - Cancun, Playa Del Carmen & the Riviera Maya

We had DJ Doremixx for our wedding on February 26, 2010. We loved Ivan as did all of our guests! One of my friends said he was the best DJ of any wedding she has ever been to and I agree!! Ivan is very professional and so nice. His email communication is extremely prompt and very informative. He came to the resort a few days before our wedding to meet with us and go over all of the details of our ceremony. We gave him our song selections for our first dance, father-daughter dance, and mother-son dance. He asked if we had any requests for songs. We told him what kind of music we liked and allowed him to use his judgment in song selection. He played really nice relaxing music during dinner. He played songs that the older people at the wedding could dance to and he played great hip hop and dance music for people our age. We had 26 people at the wedding and there was constant dancing! He brought balloons and masks, which our guest had a lot of fun with! The cold fireworks during our first dance were awesome and made for a great memory! Ivan truly made our wedding reception a party and it wouldn't have been the same without him! Thank you, thank you , thank you Ivan!!!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanG View Post
Our pleasure!

I just want to share with you our new video from our unique light up dance floor!!!

Light up dance floor

Best,
Wow that looks super fun - you matched the music perfectly!

Ivan we just reserved your services thru Ana at Dreams Riviera Cancun for November 19,2010 - cant wait!

YOU HAVE TO HIRE IVAN/DJ DOREMIXX FOR YOUR WEDDING!!!

My (new) husband and I got married at Excellence Playa Mujeres on March 5th and had the most incredible wedding we could have ever imagined! SO much of that was due to the choice we made hiring Ivan for our Reception! Ivan was so great to work with leading up to the wedding and made me feel comfortable every step of the way. He is incredibly professional and prompt and is definitely a great businessman. He met with us the day before the wedding at our resort to ease our minds and get any last minute information for our expectations, etc. We gave him a list of 4 songs to play... THAT'S IT! (The First Dance, Father/Daughter dance, Mother/Son dance and the Last Dance.) Ivan read the crowd at our reception perfectly... he played younger dance songs when it was primarily us and our friends on the dance floor and incorporated great songs from our parents generation (that we also loved) when they joined us on the dance floor! The playlist was just perfect!!! Everyone raved about Ivan and the dance floor was packed! We were so sad when the reception ended!

Ivan also brings fun things to hand out during the reception! I read this on a few reviews and his website, and I have to admit... I was a little skeptical; however, they were PERFECT!!! The balloons were SUCH a huge hit and ended up also saving us when our sparklers (for our exit) didn't come in!

I can't say enough about how great Ivan/DJ Doremixx is! You will DEFINITELY not be disappointed if/when you book them for your wedding!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We used DJ Doremixx for both our wedding and our rehearsal dinner-- It was one of our best decisions. Ivan is great to work with. He was easy to contact and very responsive to all my questions before the event and did an incredible job during our events.

He did the karaoke after our rehearsal dinner which was a blast. My guests loved it and he even let my guests go later than planned, getting an extra song in. He also went above and beyond by , without my even asking, provided music for during the dinner itself.

He was just as great during the wedding with the music for the ceremony and keeping everyone up and dancing during the reception. Many of my guests commented to me later what a great DJ I had.

DJ Doremixx (Ivan) is a wonderful DJ and was a pleasure to work with. While some vendors ran late, he was always on time. I would recommend him to everyone and anyone and cannot say enough good thigns about him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

is he the DJ that playa del carmen uses for the weddings? Can I provide my own play list to be included as well as a do not play list?

It's really the only thing holding me back from using a DJ as the MI coordinators said I will not have any say in the music played. so I didn't see the point in a DJ if I am paying for music I do not want to hear. I hope MI is wrong because the reviews sound good. :)