New, but a lurker - not engaged yet!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 cowtownbridetobe

cowtownbridetobe
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:00 AM

Hello everyone,

So long story short, not engaged yet, but I am confident we will be soon! We have been together 3 years (known each other for 9) and have a 15 month old daughter.

I am not a crazy person for being on here before technically being engaged am I? lol We both know we want a destination wedding in the Mayan Riviera and I want to have time to research things first. We have discussed having the wedding in Feb 2010, so really I feel I don't have much time to plan as it may be a few more months before I get my ring! I am hoping not, since the hints are definately being dropped now, but I know it is important to him that the proposal be the biggest surprise ever so I know I have to just let it go and wait! But in the meantime......it doesn`t hurt to do some research right?

This forum is fantastic and I am so lucky it exists. I look forward to being a member :-)

#2 KatelynMarie123

KatelynMarie123
    • 66 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:19 AM

Not to soon. You can pretend as if you are just planning an "upgraded" vacation! Welcome

#3 JOSIE

JOSIE
      • 1,792 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:24 AM

You're not crazy at all!!! I joined BDW before I was technically engaged too!! I also booked a place and a date first!! I knew he was proposing and we wanted a short engagement- but, like you, I was worried I needed more time to plan and finalize the big stuff!!

we'll keep it our secret and be sure to keep us posted on how he proposes!!

PS: We're getting married at the RIU Palace Riveria Maya....beautiful resort and reasonable wedding packages!!!

#4 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
        • 5,705 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:53 AM

Welcome to the forum and congratulations!! You've come to the right place; here you can find all the info you need for a fun, smooth and successful planning!! Enjoy!!!

#5 Sascha Gluck Photography

Sascha Gluck Photography

Insiders

• Insiders
          • 1,538 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:17 AM

Hi, welcome to the Forum and good luck with everything...

#6 super19

super19
            • 1,123 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:38 AM

You are not alone. There are tons of us who joined the forum prior to the proposal! It's never to early to start getting great ideas.

Happy planning,
              Jen

#7 BlakleyBrideToBe

BlakleyBrideToBe
              • 2,115 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:38 AM

Congrats and Welcome! Happy Planning!

#8 MomentsThatMatter

MomentsThatMatter
                • Vendor
                • 2,015 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:35 AM

Congratulations and welcome to the forums! I see you are from my hometown of Calgary! Sorry about the Flames first round exit... AGAIN!
                  We hope you come down and enjoy the Mayan as much as we do! Best of luck with all your planning. Let us know when you pick a hotel.
                  Lincoln & Lori @ Moments that Matter Photography
                  Playa Del Carmen Wedding Photographers - Mexico - Cancun - & Mayan Riviera
                  Web: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/
                  Blog: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/blog/
                  http://i711.photobuc....Ad-Sept09b.gif

#9 Flasong

Flasong
                  • 340 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:49 PM

No you are not crazy! You do need a head start in planning especially if you want to get married the beginning of next year...there is a ton of info on here that will take some time to sort through! Good luck:)

#10 cowtownbridetobe

cowtownbridetobe
                    • 7 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 05:14 PM

Thanks for the kind welcome everyone! It's unbelievable to me how active these forums are - there's a lot of destination weddings happening!

Moments That Matter - good for you for getting of Calgary - there was snow here today! And thank you for the Flames condolences...it was a tragic end! lol

Josie - the resort you are booked at is one I know we will consider for sure, we almost vacationed there but went with the Bahia instead due to a last minute deal. And thanks for making me feel better about jumping the gun! I am the type that will research to death before I make a big decision so this way I can secretly indulge my research need without him meddling LOL

Well I guess off to research now :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users