29 replies to this topic

#21 becks

• VIP Member
  • 4,881 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
  • LocationNew York

Posted 17 May 2009 - 03:41 PM

I didn't have a videographer, and I so wish that I had. It was the one thing that I would have absolutely changed if I could do do it again.

Of course, having Nathaniel for a photographer was so fantastic!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#22 Shannond4156

• 169 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:19 PM

I originally wasn't planning on having a videographer and now I am so glad we did. I love my photos but just my teaser has me so excited to have the video. I would also suggest contacting some videographers. I thought bringing a videographer was going to cost a lot more than it actually did. So ask around a lot of videographers would like to expand their business into Destination Weddings and may be willing to work with you on price. We also made a trade and did not bring a second shooter to cut down on costs.

I would also weigh in and say I was worried about the videographer getting in the way of the ceremony but we didn't have any issues with this at all. I wouldn't have even known he was there if we didn't see some of the footage.

#23 KimmyG

• 520 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 07:07 PM

I think it's definitely worth getting.... it's a purchase you'll never regrett getting it 10 years from now!

#24 lupearroyo

• 82 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:16 AM

Thank you all for the advice!! Looks like its going to be a YES!!! I am going with my phoographers second choice due to price. It will be $700-$1000 depending which package I choose. This will save me about $2500. I can look at it that way:)

#25 *Nadine*

• 5,466 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:24 PM

Do you mind sharing with us who you are getting? I am interested as well in getting one but don't want to break the bank!

#26 Dominican Ally

Dominican Ally
          • 400 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:31 PM

I keep going back and forth on this too. I don't like watching myself on video - it makes me uncomfortable....but I think in the end I will want that memory and keepsake of the big day...will be nice for kids/grandkids to watch some day.

Can't wait to marry my best friend on April 11, 2013!

49 Guests booked, and counting...

#27 jyoung646

• Site Supporter
            • 19 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:34 PM

I HIGHLY recommend getting a videographer. It was something I was on the fence on.. and we decided last minute to book one, and I am SO happy with our decision. There's so many moments on your wedding day that you simply can't capture with a photograph. 

I hate video/cameras on me as well.. but honestly, you have so much else going on that you don't even realize the videographers.  

Good luck with the rest of your wedding planning  :)

#28 JayKay

• 3,472 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
              • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:23 PM

We didn't have a videographer and I have to say its our one major regret about our entire wedding.  Sure we have beautiful photos and will have memories of the day forever, but it would be so amazing to be able to watch that video for many years to come.  The day goes by so unbelievably quick, especially the wedding ceremony, that I wish we would have hired one.

#29 stefkva

• 188 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

We were thinking of not going with a videographer and just clipping short videos that our siblings take with their cameras and making an Animoto video.

#30 katman

• 170 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:16 PM

Are there videographers out there who will capture the actual ceremony as well? Most of the videos I'm seeing are pieces of the day all linked together and put to music...although these are STUNNING, and I would love to incorporate that, I feel if I am going to video tape the wedding I would love to get the whole ceremony - vows and all!! Anyone have good examples of these?

Alos, Stefkva, what's an Animoto video?

Originally Posted by stefkva 

We were thinking of not going with a videographer and just clipping short videos that our siblings take with their cameras and making an Animoto video.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users