Photo

Documents for RIU Wedding

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Geralyn

Geralyn
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 11:22 PM

Do any RIU brides know if you can scan the notarized documents and email them or do you have to mail them?

#2 kari

kari
    • 55 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:52 AM

Im pretty sure you have to mail them. I just sent mine out yesterday!!

#3 jamin2010

jamin2010
      • 28 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:19 AM

Hello,
        I contacted Chandlyn at the Riu Ocho Rios and she said it is fine to just scan the notarized documents and e-mail them but just to ensure you obviously take the originals and copies with you. Certainly a lot quicker than posting them and saves on cost.

#4 Scott-Pierre

Scott-Pierre
        • 456 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:51 AM

Thanks for the info!!! :) Scanning will definitely save on postage to Jamaica!

#5 kitty_kat_uk

kitty_kat_uk
          • 170 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:52 AM

I scanned mine, it was fine. I took my originals with me but at the meeting they didn't want to see them! Saved me money on postage etc.

#6 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
            • 813 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:59 AM

I honestly just sent the originals via regular mail and they got there fine. It cost me under $2

#7 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
              • 1,097 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:22 PM

It seems the policy varies between RIUs. Geralyn, if you give yourself penty of time, just copy and notairze them and mail them in. To my knowledge, Chantelle (WC at Riu MoBay) does not accept scanned copies. Have you been in contact with her as yet? If not, send her email and verify and send that out as soon as possible just to be on the safe side.

#8 Geralyn

Geralyn
                • 2,677 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:08 PM

For those of you that mailed them...did you fedex them or return receipt or just regular mail...I'm worried somehow they will get lost. I figured scanning would have been the best way. I emailed Chantelle but she hasn't answered me yet.

#9 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
                  • 813 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:30 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by RIUMBBride711
                    For those of you that mailed them...did you fedex them or return receipt or just regular mail...I'm worried somehow they will get lost. I figured scanning would have been the best way. I emailed Chantelle but she hasn't answered me yet.
                    I honestly just plain old mailed them! No fedex, no return receipt. The postal worker said it would be ok and it reached them 10 days later. I would only do this if you have time....

#10 Marnie&Peter

Marnie&Peter
                    • 302 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:05 AM

I scanned ours and emailed them to her. It was fine with her!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users