Photo

I Found the Dress!!! Now what should the groom wear?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Shinbinea

Shinbinea
  • 182 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 11:20 PM

I have picked my dress ( I don't have a photo of me in it to attach to here but I have put the link to the designer)

I have picked a Blue by Enzoani Brigham Style.

Blue By Enzoani Bridal Gowns

My Girls have also picked theirs.
    Its a dessy dress style 2058 in buttercup

http://www.dessy.com...ridesmaid/2058/

Although the dresses aren't blacktie formal there not really beach casual either...Any suggestions on what the groom and the groomsmen should wear? I want suits but the boys think it will be too hot...

#2 itsfinallyhere

itsfinallyhere
    • 573 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 11:53 PM

If you are going any place that is hot I can only suggest Linen, as that will be most comfortable for him. At this timeof the year they are pretty easy to find. We bought ours at Mexx, but I've seen them at Le Chateau and RM&Co. (Ithink thats the name). Any way they are not too hard too find, and relativly reasonable.

The men in our wedding party are all wearing suits, and ties

#3 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
      • 1,083 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:27 PM

Very pretty... all together your look is a bit more formal.

I would absolutely go with a linen suit for the men -- perhaps a tie for the groom as your dress is fairly elaborate.

#4 NicoRuskies

NicoRuskies
        • 92 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:50 PM

I would say go for the linen suit, they are cheaper than any other kind and not as hot! My FI wants to wear the traditional black suit and the linen fabric is the only way we can do that and keep him and our GM happy.

My BIL wore beige suit and it looked fantastic! The BM colors were a light aqua color. I like the beige color on the beach too.

If you are planning on going more casual, I've seen people wearing dress shorts, flip flops, and a button up short sleeved shirt.

Whatever you decide, I'm sure he will look great! Good luck!

#5 BlakleyBrideToBe

BlakleyBrideToBe
          • 2,115 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:55 PM

Here's a link to the suits I picked.

Linen Suit - 8 Colors [Linen Suit] - $99.00 : Studiosuits.com, Custom Suits | Designer Suits

They're linen so they won't be hot at all!

#6 GregsBride

GregsBride
            • 333 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:06 PM

You could ask them men to wear a nice linen suit for the ceremony and pictures, and then allow them to take the jacket off at the reception if they get too hot.
              ~Christina

#7 Jess

Jess
              • 4,455 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:25 PM

yeah a suit for your groom at least...are you getting married on the beach or somewhere else? I'm not sure if a linen suit would go with the fancier dresses though (yours and the BM's) - maybe a beige suit but not linen (at least I don't think)

Our groomsmen are wearing suit pants, suit vest, with a dress shirt and tie...so no jacket...but FI will wear a jacket

#8 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
                • 444 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:33 PM

Hi. My FI is wearing a tan poplin suit from Jos A Bank. They have really good sales. My dress is also somewhat formal so I didn't want him to wear linen (and he doesnt realy like linen). I think that the best man is wearing nice tan pants and a linen shirt with no jacket.

Click the image to open in full size.

#9 michellepicksbrent

michellepicksbrent
                  • 1,448 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:54 PM

Your FI should wear a suit to match the formality of your dress.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users