Photo

Favors for AHR

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
  • 444 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:18 PM

I am having a hard time thinking of favors for my AHR. I wanted to get something different, not the usual coaster, wine stopper, bottle opener. We are having a BBQ in the backyard and having kegs... what do you all think of getting beer mugs or steins and putting candy (or something) in them? I was thinking of putting the candy in a bag or something that can be easily removed so the guests could use the mug at the AHR for the keg. Is that weird? I can't decide. Opinions wanted!!

#2 itsfinallyhere

itsfinallyhere
    • 573 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:21 PM

I think that is a good idea. The thing I owuld suggest is a souvenir from where you are having your wedding. Something to tie it together, with the DW

#3 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
      • 444 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:24 PM

I think thats where I'm stuck! I wanted to tie it together but I haven't thought of any good ideas. Do you have any?

#4 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
        • 444 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:33 AM

Anyone else have an opinion on this idea? I'm really stuck!

#5 eloping789

eloping789
          • 290 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:01 AM

I have an idea, but give me a minute to research it a little bit and I'll get back to you. ;-)

#6 eloping789

eloping789
            • 290 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:13 AM

Well, my first thought didn't pan out, but here are a couple of other ideas. If you're getting a beer mug anyway, you could have them imprinted with your wedding logo/monogram or you could buy the candy you'll put in them in Mexico while you're there so it's something local that might be at least harder to find here. The only other idea I have is to leave the mugs plain, put whatever candy in them that you like and include some sort of note attached to the handle with a cute poem/limerick or something that ties in your wedding in mexico.

Good luck!

#7 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
              • 444 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:16 AM

Thanks Lori! I'm not totally sold on the beer mug idea, just starting looking into it. I can't find a thread on here with favors people purchased. does a thread like that exist?

#8 boven

boven
                • 193 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:21 AM

Because you are having a BBQ, my first thought is to get personalized bottles of BBQ sauce or hot sauce with your logo or picture from your wedding as the label. You could also pick up something like that in Cancun such as mini bottles of hot sauce. Another way you could tie in the location is to use photos from your wedding as table numbers.

#9 Mufin1785

Mufin1785
                  • 438 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:09 PM

For my AHR favors I am printing inexpensive 4X6 pictures from our destination wedding and placing them in a custom photo folders with our names and wedding date

#10 Jessica4LUXE

Jessica4LUXE
                    • Vendor
                    • 183 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

I love this idea! You could even make your own BBQ sauce and package it in cute mason jars. We are infusing our own olive oils for our wedding favours.

Quote:

Originally Posted by boven 

Because you are having a BBQ, my first thought is to get personalized bottles of BBQ sauce or hot sauce with your logo or picture from your wedding as the label. You could also pick up something like that in Cancun such as mini bottles of hot sauce. Another way you could tie in the location is to use photos from your wedding as table numbers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users