Photo

Closing date changed!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 doblauvelt

doblauvelt
  • 380 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 06:25 PM

FI and I were supposed to close on our first house tomorrow, now it's pushed back to next Wednesday. It frustrates me because

1) We had all of our documents together and forwarded over to the bank when they asked for it.
    2) We were looking forward to a 3-day weekend to go shopping for paint and two new toilets, haha. Well, now we can't do that!
    3) We're working with contractors to have things fixed around the house and they were supposed to start next Monday.

Now the bank is telling us they need a few more days to process our mortgage and they keep asking for the same documents over and over again! I'm like, "YOU HAVE IT! I SENT YOU THREE COPIES THREE DIFFERENT TIMES!" And on top of that we don't even know if our contractors will be able to start work on the house starting Thursday next week!

I just want to start working on the house so that I can move into it soon

#2 Vikki

Vikki
    • 807 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:04 PM

Just hang in there a little longer! You can still have a fun weekend thinking about the house and your projects. The FI and I go wander around Lowe's sometimes and just make wish lists-it's kind of cheesy but it's really a fun (and cheap) date!

#3 doblauvelt

doblauvelt
      • 380 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:17 AM

I think I will be doing the same. FI and I still have a few things to shop for before we move into the house... it'll be fun picking out paint colors :)

#4 Married_In_Maui

Married_In_Maui
        • 929 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:23 AM

Just hang in there!! I know when we closed on our house, they did the same thing with the asking for the same documents over & over. I think it's just the hoops they make you jump through :) Hang in there; it's all worth it in the end!!!!

#5 JOSIE

JOSIE
          • 1,792 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:28 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by doblauvelt
            FI and I were supposed to close on our first house tomorrow, now it's pushed back to next Wednesday. It frustrates me because

1) We had all of our documents together and forwarded over to the bank when they asked for it.
            2) We were looking forward to a 3-day weekend to go shopping for paint and two new toilets, haha. Well, now we can't do that!
            3) We're working with contractors to have things fixed around the house and they were supposed to start next Monday.

Now the bank is telling us they need a few more days to process our mortgage and they keep asking for the same documents over and over again! I'm like, "YOU HAVE IT! I SENT YOU THREE COPIES THREE DIFFERENT TIMES!" And on top of that we don't even know if our contractors will be able to start work on the house starting Thursday next week!

I just want to start working on the house so that I can move into it soon
            Wow... I totally understand how you feel! It is such a hassel!! We took off work for our closing, and had carpet cleaners scheduled for later in the day, etc...then found out we "might not close" the day before!!!

The home-buying process is so stressful, especially underwriting for the loan, I can't even tell you how many deposits I had to source!!

I know how it is to want to get it and start making changes, and even a week, you feel like so much time is lost. All I can say is, even though the process is complete hell, when it's finally yours and you get the keys, and walk in....its the best feeling ever!! You will forget all the drama associated and be just as excited as the first time you saw it.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!

#6 doblauvelt

doblauvelt
            • 380 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:17 PM

ugh, the process is so daunting. but you're right, i'm sure once the keys are in my hand all that trouble and stress will go away.. thanks ladies!

#7 doblauvelt

doblauvelt
              • 380 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 04:35 PM

Sorry! I'm just here to vent one more time. So it's a little past 4:30pm and my closing date is supposed to be tomorrow. I have not heard one thing about the time FI and I are expected to be at the meeting. Now, is THIS normal? Why are people waiting until the last day to get things in order? People work on a schedule, apparently this is not top priority for any of the people involved in this closing to get it done in time FI is saying we should count on being at work tomorrow, this sucks!

#8 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:07 PM

it really does suck...just remember that closing dates really should be called "estimated closing date" because so many things can happen to delay the closing.

it really is not common for closes to be a few days late.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users