Photo

Post Groom and GM attire

• Please log in to reply
798 replies to this topic

#71 Christinamaria22

Christinamaria22
  • 358 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 02:29 PM

this is what my FI is wearing either this shirt in ivory .........
    Bamboo Amalfi Shirt - Island Importer
    or this in ivory
    Chocolate Linen Amalfi Shirt (long-sleeve) - Island Importer

so it is kind of a more casual look untucked ..... I dont think a tie will really fit..........

#72 Ayita

Ayita
    • 861 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 02:35 PM

I have the same issue with my BMs wearing burnt orange...

In order not to be off, I'm thinking of guayaberas : the fabric can be neutral, and the detail orange (or blue), if it's not the exact same color it's not overwhelming. Plus they have a lot of swatches available.

Beach Wedding Shirts: Mens Unique Linen Shirt styles all fully Customizable

#73 Christinamaria22

Christinamaria22
      • 358 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 02:45 PM

Everything is so hard...lol...I did look at the site and thought of doing something like that.... everything is soooo confusing.......

#74 BachataBride

BachataBride
        • Banned
        • 9,310 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 02:50 PM

You can wait until I get back. I am wearing white, FI is wearing all white linen (shirts & pants from Island Importer) - my MOH is wearing a turquoise dress & FI's BM is wearing the turquoise shirt with white linen pants. I think it's going to look great with orange flowers for accent! You'll probably be able to get a better idea of what the actual color is when you see it in my pictures as opposed to online.

#75 Christinamaria22

Christinamaria22
          • 358 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:04 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by BachataBride
            You can wait until I get back. I am wearing white, FI is wearing all white linen (shirts & pants from Island Importer) - my MOH is wearing a turquoise dress & FI's BM is wearing the turquoise shirt with white linen pants. I think it's going to look great with orange flowers for accent! You'll probably be able to get a better idea of what the actual color is when you see it in my pictures as opposed to online.
            Ok I def will.... I am jst nervous because every designers truquoise was completely different.......... do you have a pic of your bm dresses or the color online somewhere?

#76 BachataBride

BachataBride
            • Banned
            • 9,310 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:47 PM

Here is my BM dress...

Click the image to open in full size.

And the shirt...

The dress is actually more green than it looks here - and I haven't seen both together (MOH is in NL and BM is in AB) but I am just crossing my fingers & hoping they look ok. If not I just won't have them stand beside each other in pictures!! LOL

#77 Christinamaria22

Christinamaria22
              • 358 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:53 PM

hahah yah it will prob work...... the dress for my moh is darker and more greener too.... I will figure something out... i have no choice.... thanks for your help again!

#78 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 12,151 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:42 PM

suddenly my fiance has it in his head that he wants to wear a dark blue suit with a light blue shirt and red tie, as suggested by his (self-proclaimed) fashion guru buddy. there has never been ANY blue in our color scheme (that we chose over a year ago), as i am not a fan. *sigh* the girls dresses are david's bridal apple red.

he wanted to wear a bowtie at first, which i nixed. that's the "one veto" that i get ... hope i used it wisely! his feeling is he doesn't get to see my dress so why should i see and/or pick out what he's wearing? i get his point, but honestly, my dress is ivory. bridesmaids' are red. what more does he need to know? i'm afraid we're going to end up looking mighty patriotic with his sudden need to incorporate blue, LOL.

#79 BachataBride

BachataBride
                  • Banned
                  • 9,310 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:57 PM

Oh boy!! Sometimes wouldn't you just rather if they didn't have an opinion at all!! lol

#80 DWandMJ

DWandMJ
                    • 274 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:54 AM

I'm on a mission! And not having much luck succeeding If any of you fabulous ladies may be able to point me in the right direction, I would be eternally grateful (as if I'm not already!).

I'm searching for this shirt:
                      (Full photo credit to C. Dumas)
                      It's a white on white stripe long sleeve collared shirt that will be tucked into charcoal or navy pants.

Please help if you can!

Much Love,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users