Photo

Post Groom and GM attire

• Please log in to reply
798 replies to this topic

#641 seatkins22

seatkins22
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:59 AM

We just got the groom's tan linen suit for the from Studio Suits two days ago - he's happy with it. I think it looks really good!  He's going to wear a brown belt, white shirt and we are looking for a skinny cotton tie that will go with the coral MOH dress.    Now we are going to order one for the BM too - don't know if I will have him wear the jacket yet or not but at least he will have it.

For shoes I would check "little burgundy" online.  We got two pair of light brown canvas shoes for the groom and BM at 50% off a few weeks ago and I paid only $65 for both. They have cool brands that guys like.

It' s good time of year for online shopping because PayPal is giving 5% cash back on all your purchases after the first one.  Studio Suits uses paypal so you could save a lot if you are ordering multiple suits.  

#642 Chantille Ryan

Chantille Ryan
    • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

Can anyone recommend good quality mens linen wear? Le Chateau doesn't have the 100% linen suits available.Help!!

#643 Kassi22

Kassi22
      • 135 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Chantille Ryan 

Can anyone recommend good quality mens linen wear? Le Chateau doesn't have the 100% linen suits available.Help!!

My FI got his linen suit at Banana Republic. He tried on suits at Zara, Le Chateau, Club Monaco, but Banana's was by far the nicest. They may not have them in stores yet, he got his last spring as that's when they bring them out..

#644 Peach

Peach
        • 1,293 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

Spring stuff starts showing up in stores throughout January and February. Keep your eyes peeled then. 

Also, do a search on here. I know many brides have posted nice linen suits they have found all over the place. Good luck!

#645 Mlite83

Mlite83
          • 384 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

Studio Suits online is great - we have ordered all of our suits from them - groom + 4 groomsmen all in hawaiian linen, plus 2 fathers (one in the tropical linen blend and one is italian linen) plus an uncle who was so impressed he got himself one.  There is a whole thread dedicated to it on here, most of the linen suits start about $100-115.

#646 nbateman

nbateman
            • 280 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by LolaTX 

We purchased the custom linen suit (in smoke, with ivory shirts) from Island Importers. They looked great!!!

I may be copying this look, love it!!

#647 Mufin1785

Mufin1785
              • 438 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

#648 Joanne052013

Joanne052013
                • 14 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

These look amazing!! Are they the Monaco suits? Thanks!

#649 nbateman

nbateman
                  • 280 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by jennifer8913 

this is what i saw on pinterest and what we are planning for my fiance and the groomsmen

and I  will use a starfish instead of boutonniere

Hi, i'm wondering if you found a suit like this, love the look and curious where I could find something like it for a reasonable price.

#650 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
                    • 455 posts
                    • Wedding Date:August 9, 2013
                    • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Dominican Republic
                    • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by nbateman 

Hi, i'm wondering if you found a suit like this, love the look and curious where I could find something like it for a reasonable price.

I am still looking! I would have loved for my fiance and his groomsmen gone at the end of the season last year, but I am hoping with the spring summer lines coming out soon we will be able to find. I will keep you updated though!

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users