Photo

Post Groom and GM attire

• Please log in to reply
798 replies to this topic

#471 janette34

janette34
  • 417 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:25 AM

Here is my FI suit, purchased from Le Chateau.

100_0245.JPG

#472 bondgirl0072010

bondgirl0072010
    • 789 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:55 AM

Adorable!!

Originally Posted by janette34 

100_0245.JPG

#473 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
      • 1,252 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:32 AM

i really like the coloured shirt! did you get the suite all together...or were they separate? and how much did it come to?

100_0245.JPG

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#474 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
        • 1,748 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:32 AM

Definitely do bouts, why not!!! Lots of grooms and GM dont do full suits and still do bouts!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Peach 

Not sure if this has already been covered or if there is a better place to ask, but anyway.... 

He wants to wear linen pants (tan) and a white shirt, which I love the look of (we are going simple), and GM will probably be in something similar. It doesn't matter to me whether it is long or short sleeves. Would it be weird to have them wear bouts even though they are so casual? I think it might work but I am really not sure. Any suggestions?

They come as separate, jacket is like $175 and pants are about $80 I think... I went to check them out yesterday (Le Chateau Suits), the prices are online too if I am wrong!!!!!

Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

i really like the coloured shirt! did you get the suite all together...or were they separate? and how much did it come to?

Picked up FIs white linen shirt while I was in the states, now we just need his suit.  I got a Michael Kors shirt exactly what he wanted for $22!!!!!!! It was a great deal and MK is one of my fav designers!!!!!

#475 RyGuysBride

RyGuysBride
          • 150 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:33 AM

I really like this! It's formal looking but not so over the top that it will be uncomfy on the beach! Great choice!

100_0245.JPG

#476 nadennec

nadennec
            • 215 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:39 AM

I love this!! This is what my FI wants, but he was thinking of him in white and gm's in light blue. I hadn't thought of the long sleeve vs. short sleeve. Are they just regular white buttom downs, or linen button downs? We tried looking into guayabera's (mexican wedding shirts) they're pretty pricey if they are good in quality. You can find them cheap, but I dont know if they're well made. So , still undecided...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chapa 

Here is what my husband and groomsman wore and we did bouts.

boys.jpg

Nadenne C

#477 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
              • 1,748 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:51 AM

For FI we went with a long sleeved linen shirt but it has the tabs to roll up the sleeves if that makes sense? I think it is such a great look, casual but still dressy!

Not sure for the GM if we are going to go with long, short or the same sleeves.  We are thinking doing navy shirts to match the girls dresses... what do you think or should we stick with the white and khaki look?

#478 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
                • 1,252 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:55 AM

i like the navy idea personally, this way partrick stands out as the groom and the |GM match the girls, thats what were doing ...... did you like the pants at le chateau? or do you think i should get the ones aat jc penny?

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

For FI we went with a long sleeved linen shirt but it has the tabs to roll up the sleeves if that makes sense? I think it is such a great look, casual but still dressy!

Not sure for the GM if we are going to go with long, short or the same sleeves.  We are thinking doing navy shirts to match the girls dresses... what do you think or should we stick with the white and khaki look?

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#479 LisaMatterni

LisaMatterni
                  • 718 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Chapa 

Here is what my husband and groomsman wore and we did bouts.

boys.jpg

I really like this! I want to borrow this idea for my friend.

#480 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
                    • 1,748 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:49 PM

Thanks Leigh, that's what I think too and since I have the white dress I think it would be nice for him to stand out from his guys too!!  It was actually Patrick's idea so that was fun!  I didn't mind the Le Chateau pants but found them pricey.  I still remember le chateau as disposable clothing and find it hard to wrap my head around paying almost $100 for a le chateau pants.  We have another BIG problem when buying pants for Patrick.... he's a hockey player so has quite muscular legs particularly through the thighs (hed prolly kill me for posting this but I am sure there are other Brides with Hockey FIs that have the same problem!)  so I knew the le chateau pants owuldnt fit him... he can't wear a slim fit leg for sure!!! Worth checking out though Leigh!!!  I just think we can find cheaper pants....

Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

i like the navy idea personally, this way partrick stands out as the groom and the |GM match the girls, thats what were doing ...... did you like the pants at le chateau? or do you think i should get the ones aat jc penny?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users