Photo

Post Groom and GM attire

• Please log in to reply
798 replies to this topic

#441 skp1

skp1
  • 405 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:58 AM

The guys are wearing tan linen pants and white linen button down shirts (untucked) all bought at Nordstrom.  The pants are tailored so they look really nice, but the shirt has a more casual islandy flow.  We bought everything about a month ago and now they have the almost exact same shirt at Nordstrom Rack for $29.99!  It's the same brand, same design features but it's a linen/cotton blend instead of 100% linen.  You can tell a difference if you touch it, but it looks the same.  So I bought those for the best man and groomsmen and we're returning the others - FI can keep the expensive shirt :)  The shirt comes in all different colors so if any of you have a Nordstrom Rack near you, check it out.

I have one question - isn't the groom supposed to look slightly different than the other guys?  Right now they are all the same.  What can I do to make him different (and no, we're not going to get him a suit jacket)?  One guy suggested my FI wear his sleeves down while the others have them rolled up.  And other ideas?

Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married

#442 MJB3172012

MJB3172012
    • Site Supporter
    • 64 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:13 AM

skp1,

It sounds like you already have the outfit put together.  Maybe the groom could have a bigger or different boutonniere than the groomsmen?

A few other ideas I've seen:

1. As you mentioned, groom wears jacket (I don't love this idea either)

2. Groomsmen wear colored shirt to match bridesmaid dresses

3. I'm having groomsmen wear a coffee colored linen pant with a white linen popover.  Groom is wearing white on white (white linen pant with white popover).  I've seen this white on white combo in a few pictures and like the look.

Originally Posted by skp1 

The guys are wearing tan linen pants and white linen button down shirts (untucked) all bought at Nordstrom.  The pants are tailored so they look really nice, but the shirt has a more casual islandy flow.  We bought everything about a month ago and now they have the almost exact same shirt at Nordstrom Rack for $29.99!  It's the same brand, same design features but it's a linen/cotton blend instead of 100% linen.  You can tell a difference if you touch it, but it looks the same.  So I bought those for the best man and groomsmen and we're returning the others - FI can keep the expensive shirt :)  The shirt comes in all different colors so if any of you have a Nordstrom Rack near you, check it out.

I have one question - isn't the groom supposed to look slightly different than the other guys?  Right now they are all the same.  What can I do to make him different (and no, we're not going to get him a suit jacket)?  One guy suggested my FI wear his sleeves down while the others have them rolled up.  And other ideas?

March 17, 2012
      Iberostar Bavaro
      Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
      Bride and Groom + 44 guests booked!

#443 Sharon99

Sharon99
      • 1,301 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:39 AM

Great thread. I need to start thinking about what the men will wear.

#444 celticgirl

celticgirl
        • 266 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:06 PM

My FI will be wearing a Linen suit.  We purchased them from Groom Attire.jpg

Breezes Trelawny- Jamaica
          January 7th, 2012

63 booked

#445 RyGuysBride

RyGuysBride
          • 150 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:12 AM

I second that Sharon99! I haven't really put much thought into this either but there are a ton of great ideas here! Thanks ladies!

#446 Jacki7896

Jacki7896
            • 195 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:18 PM

My FI wants his guys to wear suits because he wants the jacket look, but I feel bad asking guys to pay to come to a DW and then on top of it buy a suit....  thoughts?

#447 Pucca

Pucca
              • 485 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:47 PM

I understand how you feel. Suits aren't exactly cheap. 

I don't know what your wedding colors are or what color your FI has in mind but maybe you can also ask the guys if they already have a suit and what color they are? Maybe they already have a basic black in their closet, which would be the easiest to match since there are a variety of shades of grey or navy so that would be too difficult. But for the sake of being uniform, maybe your FI is willing to compromise on the guys just purchasing a sports coat/blazer and then all wearing the same color pants? Maybe that might be cheaper. Check out Men's Wearhouse online. They're currently have a buy-one-get-one-free sale right now and if your groomsmen have to buy something, this would be a good deal so they'd spend less money. It applies to some suits and applies to a wide variety of blazers/sport coats.

If your FI wants a bit of a formal look, what about this?

My FI wants his guys to wear suits because he wants the jacket look, but I feel bad asking guys to pay to come to a DW and then on top of it buy a suit....  thoughts?

#448 Jacki7896

Jacki7896
                • 195 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:44 AM

Pucca-  THANK YOU SO MUCH! 

I really like that vest look... I am forwarding it to FI now!

#449 wilsonj2

wilsonj2
                  • 191 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:05 AM

I'm thinking of ordering from www.islandimporter.com  Does anyone have experience with this company?  I'm wondering if the following items run true to size and if they are good quality.  It also says a 36" inseam is standard, and that is what my fiance needs.  I'm wondering if they really are that long.  Here is the outfit:

linen almalfi shirt (in white)

linen almalfi pant (in natural)

Thanks for the input!  We are married in less than a month and this is stressing me out :)

July 2011 ~ Sandals Grande St. Lucian

#450 wilsonj2

wilsonj2
                    • 191 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:07 AM

Not sure why those pictures didn't show....hmmmmm. Well here they are attached:

Originally Posted by wilsonj2 

I'm thinking of ordering from www.islandimporter.com  Does anyone have experience with this company?  I'm wondering if the following items run true to size and if they are good quality.  It also says a 36" inseam is standard, and that is what my fiance needs.  I'm wondering if they really are that long.  Here is the outfit:

linen almalfi shirt (in white)

linen almalfi pant (in natural)

Thanks for the input!  We are married in less than a month and this is stressing me out :)

Attached Files

July 2011 ~ Sandals Grande St. Lucian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users