Post Groom and GM attire

• Please log in to reply
798 replies to this topic

#361 pbjwed

pbjwed
  • 389 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:58 PM

Click the image to open in full size.

This is the Groomesmens outfits.. My fiance is going to wear a white linen suit..
    PBJWEDINMEXICO.COM

#362 A_J_Mitchell

A_J_Mitchell
    • 252 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:11 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by VA_Bride
      I love looking at everyone great outfits! I have a question though....

Is/Did anyone have a groom wear shorts? Amazingly I am the one who thinks he should consider it. Nice shorts with a white shirt just sounds more comfortable for him, and we are going to be quite casual. I am wearing a nice dress, but it is a destination style and not too dressy. He doesn't have any groomsman.

Just wondering if anyone else did the shorts thing for the groom and how did they feel about it? We are getting married in Aruba and I also need to look into whether the officiants would have a problem shorts on the beach.

Thanks ladies!
      You shouldn't have any issue with wearing shorts at the ceremony in Aruba. I've seen some pics with the groom and his guys in shorts at weddings in aruba.

#363 Hopelesslyblissful

Hopelesslyblissful
      • 191 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:41 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by VA_Bride
        I love looking at everyone great outfits! I have a question though....

Is/Did anyone have a groom wear shorts? Amazingly I am the one who thinks he should consider it. Nice shorts with a white shirt just sounds more comfortable for him, and we are going to be quite casual. I am wearing a nice dress, but it is a destination style and not too dressy. He doesn't have any groomsman.

Just wondering if anyone else did the shorts thing for the groom and how did they feel about it? We are getting married in Aruba and I also need to look into whether the officiants would have a problem shorts on the beach.

Thanks ladies!
        I was just coming on here to ask the same question. My FI and all his groomsmen are hockey and football guys, really broad, and I'm afraid of pants looking 'tappered' on them. ALSO I'm afraid of the heat, I don't want to walk down the aisle and see the men in my bridal party melting hahaha.

I had the idea of a nice beige short, long sleeve linen shirts and then ties, and possibly have the guys roll their sleeves 1/4 way up.

My FI says no..he think's that would look silly. He would rather wear beige pants, white shirt and a tie and then roll the pants up 1/4 of the way.

I need some opinions here! I think shorts would be nice...for them, I'm just all about comfort!
        http://dwdf.daisypath.com/vWwHm6.png

~19 Booked Plus Bride & Groom~

#364 bahiabride2010

bahiabride2010
        • 997 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:00 PM

Here's my good looking FI in his suit! He bought it for himself and it looks great on him! I was going to let him wear plain khaki pants but he bought this suit and I'm so glad!

#365 Cindy*

Cindy*
          • 2,655 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:11 PM

Sarah, he looks very handsome. Where did he buy his suit?

#366 autjo

autjo
            • 2,182 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:32 PM

Hopeless, I'm not a huge fan of the man-pri look for the wedding. I prefer when you either go shorts or you go pants. Linen pants are great for beach weddings because they are so light. But a tailored khaki short would be really nice too. But in all honesty, the boys caused the most ruckus over their outfits and by the end I was so over listening to them. Do what makes your FI and you happy!

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Hopelesslyblissful
              I was just coming on here to ask the same question. My FI and all his groomsmen are hockey and football guys, really broad, and I'm afraid of pants looking 'tappered' on them. ALSO I'm afraid of the heat, I don't want to walk down the aisle and see the men in my bridal party melting hahaha.

I had the idea of a nice beige short, long sleeve linen shirts and then ties, and possibly have the guys roll their sleeves 1/4 way up.

My FI says no..he think's that would look silly. He would rather wear beige pants, white shirt and a tie and then roll the pants up 1/4 of the way.

I need some opinions here! I think shorts would be nice...for them, I'm just all about comfort!

Cheers to your FI on picking out a great suit! It will look awesome in your pics :)

Quote:
              Originally Posted by bahiabride2010
              Here's my good looking FI in his suit! He bought it for himself and it looks great on him! I was going to let him wear plain khaki pants but he bought this suit and I'm so glad!

#367 bahiabride2010

bahiabride2010
              • 997 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:55 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Cindy*
                Sarah, he looks very handsome. Where did he buy his suit?
                He bought the suit at Sid Silvers in Toronto. They were going out of business and he got it for cheap. The shirt came form Steinmart in the states. I'm not sure if Sid Silvers is still around...you guys should check it out!

#368 Hopelesslyblissful

Hopelesslyblissful
                • 191 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:33 AM

Thanks for the suggestion AutumnJo...We are going to look at the GM clothing this weekend so hopefully we will have it all figured out.

Also, I love the suit Sarah! Wish I lived in Toronto still!! Or even CLOSE to it, hahaha
                  http://dwdf.daisypath.com/vWwHm6.png

~19 Booked Plus Bride & Groom~

#369 jpcmartin

jpcmartin
                  • 28 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:37 PM

My bridesmaids dresses are apple red and I feel so bad I know my FI wanted the Tommy Bahama look but all of us are a little bit too fancy for that. I loved seeing all the pics and it gave me some great ideas. Thanks!

#370 Stacy015

Stacy015
                    • 172 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:43 AM

Here are my guys!

This pic is really dark (don't have prof pics yet), but you can see them with the girls :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users