• Please log in to reply
798 replies to this topic

#331 Cindy*

Cindy*
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:55 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nmurch
    my FH just told me he has a white HUGO BOSS suit on hold at a store in WEM (a mall near us).. i think i'd be ok with that

only it costs more then my dress! it's almost 1500... i want him to look nice but i dont know how to tell him.. NO!

This sounds exactly like my FI. The first suit he found that he loved was a Zegna from Holt's. Price tag $2800. I have to admit he looked super hot in it. I said no way, that is more than 2x my dress. Now we have found an Armani that is $2000 at Saks. I am sort of tempted to get that one because they have a friends and family sale next week and we can save 30% so it would only be $1400, plus they do all the tailoring at no charge. We always have to tailor suits for FI because he is broad shouldered and normally it costs over $100 to tailor one suit. Part of me wants to say $1400 is still out of the question but he wears suits to work every day so he would certainly get good use out of it after the wedding. Really torn on what to do at this point, it is so much money.

#332 LynnieS

LynnieS
    • 319 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:39 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by kate&devon
      Good Advice! He does look a lot better in the colorful shirt doesn't he? Too bad he can't wear that one!
      Hi Kate
      I was just wondering, are those white linen pants that your FI has on (that the groomsmen will wear)? If so, where did you get them? We found some but have one tall GM (my brother is 6'5) and one very round GM and can't seem to find linen pants that accomodates that. Thanks!
      yay. . . we're gradu-umtaded!!!

#333 Brooklyn Carolina

Brooklyn Carolina
      • 94 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:21 PM

Very helpful. My FI is so picky with what he wears and this thread gave us some ideas. Thanks.
        Carolina

#334 sungoddess_08

sungoddess_08
        • 829 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:59 PM

Wow - 1400 is a lot of money for a suit - but I guess if he really likes it. I'm the frugile one in my relationship (haha) so I can't imagine spending 1400 on a suit, but if he will wear it more than once than I guess it would be okay!!

#335 bahiabride2010

bahiabride2010
          • 997 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:05 PM

Here's a pic of one of our groomsmen modeling our GM outfits! We got the shirts at Steinmart for $25 and the pants at a Haggar outlet for $28! Pretty great and it was exactly what we were looking for! The pants are nice and light and will be perfect for a hot wedding day! They have a slight herringbone pattern on them. The shirt has a bit of a design on it but is tone on tone. The guys will be getting their own brown leather sandals. What do you think?

Click the image to open in full size.

#336 Cindy*

Cindy*
            • 2,655 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:12 PM

Sungoddess, I agree it is crazy expensive. More than my dress!! But it is very hard to say I can spend that on something I will wear only once but you can't spend that on something you can wear repeatedly. I am still hoping we will see something he likes that is much cheaper.

#337 dianep

dianep
              • 532 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:11 PM

has anyone purchased the Calvin Klein linen suit from Men's Warehouse?
                Men's Calvin Klein Cream Suit Separates Coat - Men's Wearhouse
                we looked at it this weekend and it seems like a good option. they didn't have FI's size so they had to order it (who doesn't have a 40L in stock?) so we need to see what it looks like when it fits him. but the suit (jacket and pants) are on sale right now for $250. the linen is nice and soft, and a tight weave so it seems pretty nice. just wondering if anyone has any experience with this particular suit.
                thanks!
                http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
                and happily ever after begins...

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

#338 super19

super19
                • 1,123 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:44 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by dianep
                  we looked at it this weekend and it seems like a good option. they didn't have FI's size so they had to order it (who doesn't have a 40L in stock?) so we need to see what it looks like when it fits him. but the suit (jacket and pants) are on sale right now for $250. the linen is nice and soft, and a tight weave so it seems pretty nice. just wondering if anyone has any experience with this particular suit.
                  thanks!
                  We just bought this suit last week for my FI. I think it'll look great but I'm biased!

#339 dianep

dianep
                  • 532 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:49 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by super19
                    We just bought this suit last week for my FI. I think it'll look great but I'm biased!
                    thanks super 19... must be a MN thing! :)
                    http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
                    and happily ever after begins...

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

#340 KarenM

KarenM
                    • 1,920 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 06:05 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by dianep
                      thanks!
                      Paul's wearing that suit too! They had a different pic last year (w/ pink shirt), but it's the same Calvin Klein suit. We also got it on sale & love it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users