Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by Kristina610 View Post

 

I have an etiquette question for the mens attire.  We finally found my FI suit (pants and vest) in a darker khaki linen but is a little expensive and i dont want the guys to have to pay that much also.  Would it be weird if they were in the same style, vest and pants, but a  little linen?  More of the natural linen color? 

My husband dressed differently than his groomsmen. I think it is fine to have the groom standout as it is his special day too :)

 

Here is a Picture of my hsband and his groomsmen

ProcSiteRenderServlet (params=[sc=0&pa=0.5&sa=0&ry=419&rx=630&cr=0.0,0.0,1.0,1.0&nocredit=1&py=419&px=630&r=0&cb=16711422&p=1&ps=50&dsbg=221&po=0&g=2.2&bw=0.2&f=0&b=1&ph=65278&si=00500777246720130218162848613.JPG&gc=1&vtype=g] actions=[CachedCanvas (RawOrProxyraw(com.shutterfly.imaging.rendering.imageref.ReferenceManager$Ref@56ce9f28, 800) | FitToSize(java.awt.Dimension[width=630,height=419], 2) | ScaleRGB(1.003937005996704, 1.003937005996704, 1.003937005996704) | Sharpen(1.2999999523162842) | ShowPrint(java.awt.Dimension[width=630,height=419], 221, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 0, 0.800000011920929, 0.800000011920929, 0.800000011920929, 0) -> NativeCanvas(2AAADCA8AC90))]) PixSense Recompression: PX_COMP_STD 172.16.17.87 2013/02/19 10:52:07.081

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a great experience ordering the guys linen vests (waistcoats) and trousers from Studiosuits.com. They are so affordable starting at $89 depending which fabric you use. We got the custom made ones and I'd recommend getting the guys measured by a professional seamstress. My mil is a seamstress so that definitely helped plus she was able to make slight alterations to a few of the suits. The quality, packaging and overall order experience was great. They emailed me to tell me they thought a few of my measurements were off and wanted to know if they could change them. These changes definitely did help! Imo suit jackets are too hot for the Caribbean if you're having a beach wedding and were more formal then we wanted. The guys wore their own brown belts and white shirts to save on costs which worked out perfectly. They all wore the same brown shoes. We did not do boutonnieres as my husband doesn't like them and it cut down on costs too. I did tons of research to figure out our groomsmen attire and how to differentiate the groom and in the end it worked out perfectly!

 700

 

700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My hubby didn't wear a tux however at my friends dw the groom and all the groomsmen wore black suits and they were sweating like pigs through the entire ceremony. I felt awful for them. It made the wedding look much more formal and if that is what you are aiming for then I'd suggest a ceremony time of 4pm or later to make it bearable for the guys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by nattie03 View Post

 

We had a great experience ordering the guys linen vests (waistcoats) and trousers from Studiosuits.com. They are so affordable starting at $89 depending which fabric you use. We got the custom made ones and I'd recommend getting the guys measured by a professional seamstress. My mil is a seamstress so that definitely helped plus she was able to make slight alterations to a few of the suits. The quality, packaging and overall order experience was great. They emailed me to tell me they thought a few of my measurements were off and wanted to know if they could change them. These changes definitely did help! Imo suit jackets are too hot for the Caribbean if you're having a beach wedding and were more formal then we wanted. The guys wore their own brown belts and white shirts to save on costs which worked out perfectly. They all wore the same brown shoes. We did not do boutonnieres as my husband doesn't like them and it cut down on costs too. I did tons of research to figure out our groomsmen attire and how to differentiate the groom and in the end it worked out perfectly!

 700

 

700

Your wedding party looks awesome! Especially you two, you look beautiful! I love that he's the only one with the tie and the colour of the tie pops. Great job and good to hear Studio Suits worked out, as we're considering it for the groomsmen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just read through a bunch of these comments . . . am I the only one with a groom who won't let me know what he is wearing? All I know is that it will be a suit. Scary!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Rpc51 View Post

 

I just read through a bunch of these comments . . . am I the only one with a groom who won't let me know what he is wearing? All I know is that it will be a suit. Scary!

 

Hahahhahhaa. When I have read this I have had a flash! 

My Fi was as yours at the start.... He told me that if he cannot see my wedding dress, then I could not see his suit... At the end, I conviced him that it is not the same (you know, the bad luck thing it is only with the gown). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by TealMarie View Post

 

Your wedding party looks awesome! Especially you two, you look beautiful! I love that he's the only one with the tie and the colour of the tie pops. Great job and good to hear Studio Suits worked out, as we're considering it for the groomsmen.

 

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey JustNoelle. We're thinking of getting these for our 2 little ringbearers (3 and 4 yrs old). They're a bit pricier but so cute. 

 

http://www.etsy.com/listing/118432186/kids-boy-natural-linen-suit-baby-boy?ref=sr_gallery_14&ga_search_query=ring+bearer+suit&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=CA&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=ring+bearer+suit

Originally Posted by JustNoelle View Post

Hello Brides,

 

Does anyone know where I can purchase baby boys linen suit (with vest)?

 

 

700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by JHo2013 View Post

 

Hey JustNoelle. We're thinking of getting these for our 2 little ringbearers (3 and 4 yrs old). They're a bit pricier but so cute. 

 

http://www.etsy.com/listing/118432186/kids-boy-natural-linen-suit-baby-boy?ref=sr_gallery_14&ga_search_query=ring+bearer+suit&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=CA&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=ring+bearer+suit

Ouch!! I guess I will eventually have to chose from this one or the other vendor. When will you be placing your order?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×