Post Groom and GM attire

Hmm...at first, FI and I were thinking of getting tan linen pants, but then I saw some great pictures online as I was searching for a photographer where the groom and GMs are wearing a dark wash jean and white linen shirts, and I really liked it.

I just don't know how to set the groom apart from the GMs - but I thought it would look cute with them wearing the colors in flowers on their shirts. Since our colors are pink, orange, and turquoise...there isn't much there those manly men are willing to wear! LOL!

Has anyone else thought of/are using jeans?

• 3 weeks later...

These are all such good ideas!!! I am just starting my search for my FI and GM attire. I am leaning towards all white linen for my FI and tan linen pants with white linen shirts for the GM's...has anyone done this?? Would you have any pictures to see how it looks? I just don't know how to tie in the bridesmaid dresses...they are either going to be auqa blue or a bright pink. Any thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsbride View Post
These are all such good ideas!!! I am just starting my search for my FI and GM attire. I am leaning towards all white linen for my FI and tan linen pants with white linen shirts for the GM's...has anyone done this?? Would you have any pictures to see how it looks? I just don't know how to tie in the bridesmaid dresses...they are either going to be auqa blue or a bright pink. Any thoughts?
Instead of the white shirt with tan pants for the GMs you could do white pants & the BMs dress colors for the shirts. That is what I am doing. Look for pics the end of Jan for a visual!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsbride View Post
there might be pics of something like this on the website i purchased our linen shirts from. there's a whole wedding album with pics from a lot of weddings. the site is Beach Wedding Attire & Dresses, Linen Wedding Pants, Shirts, Guayabera, Hawaiian, Havana, and Linen Suits I'm pretty sure i saw white with white, and then white with tan for one of the groups.

Our bridesmaid dresses are electric blue dresses from Banana Republic and I wanted to groomsmen to match somewhat - so they are wearing a lighter blue shirt in the same colour family. We looked at having them wear white shirts and blue ties in the same colour, but we wanted the groom to stand out. He is going to be wearing a white shirt and a tie while the groomsmen wear blue shirts and no ties.

BUT the reason I am so excited is that we found these amazing pants! They're actually golf pants so they are light, dressy casual, dry-fit, wrinkle free AND have a comfort fit waistband. These are the most comfortable pants! My FI fell in love with them and wanted to wear them all night they were that comfortable.

We also have groomsmen in Canada and the US and these pants are available in both locations. You can get them at JC Penny's

And you can get them at the Bay in Canada (I'm sure you can find them elsewhere). They are great. The pictures don't do them justice. And I'm so happy that the guys won't be wearing linen - too many wrinkles!

They fall nicely in the front, look great on my FI butt and they fall nicely at the bottom - no terrible taper - and they look great with a shoe or sandals.

I'm so happy! We're so close to dressing our wedding party....now to find the perfect blue shirt!

OK so I cant find and figure anything out! So I will be in ivory as well as the groom............

I am only having a moh and a best man......

This is what my moh is wearing but not that color

"+linktext+"

She will be wearing the color carribean...... if you have time to view the swatches it is the last sample on thet page.... so thats the color she will wear, I orignally wanted turquoise but when I viewed the swatched up clsoe and personal at the store the carribean was more turqousie then the "turqouise"

So now i am stuck .... I dont want to chance getting the best man a "turqouise" shirt and have it be completely off....... Any opinions will be most appreciated...

I def have learned that turqouise to one designer is never the same as another designer!

What about if he wears white/ivory shirt with khakis and maybe a touch of turquoise somewhere like a boutonniere or something. Or if you want him to wear a suit, he could have a matching tie. That way he'll match but it won't be as loud as a turquoise shirt. I agree... that would probably be a little much. Good luck! Let us know what you pick out wink.gif