Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The guys are wearing tan linen pants and white linen button down shirts (untucked) all bought at Nordstrom.  The pants are tailored so they look really nice, but the shirt has a more casual islandy flow.  We bought everything about a month ago and now they have the almost exact same shirt at Nordstrom Rack for $29.99!  It's the same brand, same design features but it's a linen/cotton blend instead of 100% linen.  You can tell a difference if you touch it, but it looks the same.  So I bought those for the best man and groomsmen and we're returning the others - FI can keep the expensive shirt :)  The shirt comes in all different colors so if any of you have a Nordstrom Rack near you, check it out.

 

I have one question - isn't the groom supposed to look slightly different than the other guys?  Right now they are all the same.  What can I do to make him different (and no, we're not going to get him a suit jacket)?  One guy suggested my FI wear his sleeves down while the others have them rolled up.  And other ideas?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


skp1,

 

It sounds like you already have the outfit put together.  Maybe the groom could have a bigger or different boutonniere than the groomsmen?

 

A few other ideas I've seen:

1. As you mentioned, groom wears jacket (I don't love this idea either)

2. Groomsmen wear colored shirt to match bridesmaid dresses

3. I'm having groomsmen wear a coffee colored linen pant with a white linen popover.  Groom is wearing white on white (white linen pant with white popover).  I've seen this white on white combo in a few pictures and like the look.

 

 

 


 

Originally Posted by skp1 View Post

The guys are wearing tan linen pants and white linen button down shirts (untucked) all bought at Nordstrom.  The pants are tailored so they look really nice, but the shirt has a more casual islandy flow.  We bought everything about a month ago and now they have the almost exact same shirt at Nordstrom Rack for $29.99!  It's the same brand, same design features but it's a linen/cotton blend instead of 100% linen.  You can tell a difference if you touch it, but it looks the same.  So I bought those for the best man and groomsmen and we're returning the others - FI can keep the expensive shirt :)  The shirt comes in all different colors so if any of you have a Nordstrom Rack near you, check it out.

 

I have one question - isn't the groom supposed to look slightly different than the other guys?  Right now they are all the same.  What can I do to make him different (and no, we're not going to get him a suit jacket)?  One guy suggested my FI wear his sleeves down while the others have them rolled up.  And other ideas?

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My FI will be wearing a Linen suit.  We purchased them from www.studiosuits.com and they ship from india.  We used the custom suits option and got his measurements taken... I was really skeptical to order online, but it all worked out and I am using them for the groomsmen attire too.  The linen is VERY light and breathable and will be perfect for the hot jamaican weather. Groom Attire.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My FI wants his guys to wear suits because he wants the jacket look, but I feel bad asking guys to pay to come to a DW and then on top of it buy a suit....  thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand how you feel. Suits aren't exactly cheap. 

 

I don't know what your wedding colors are or what color your FI has in mind but maybe you can also ask the guys if they already have a suit and what color they are? Maybe they already have a basic black in their closet, which would be the easiest to match since there are a variety of shades of grey or navy so that would be too difficult. But for the sake of being uniform, maybe your FI is willing to compromise on the guys just purchasing a sports coat/blazer and then all wearing the same color pants? Maybe that might be cheaper. Check out Men's Wearhouse online. They're currently have a buy-one-get-one-free sale right now and if your groomsmen have to buy something, this would be a good deal so they'd spend less money. It applies to some suits and applies to a wide variety of blazers/sport coats.

 

If your FI wants a bit of a formal look, what about this?

 

http://photos.weddingbycolor-nocookie.com/p000017343-m151583-p-photo-393271/Purple-Groomsmen-No-jackets-for-a-beach-wedding--I-love-it-.jpg

 

It would be cheaper for groomsmen to purchase as it wouldn't be an entire suit and it still looks pretty formal. 

 

Good luck! 

 

 


 

Originally Posted by Jacki7896 View Post

My FI wants his guys to wear suits because he wants the jacket look, but I feel bad asking guys to pay to come to a DW and then on top of it buy a suit....  thoughts?



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking of ordering from www.islandimporter.com  Does anyone have experience with this company?  I'm wondering if the following items run true to size and if they are good quality.  It also says a 36" inseam is standard, and that is what my fiance needs.  I'm wondering if they really are that long.  Here is the outfit:

 

linen almalfi shirt (in white)

 _MG_4892-01.jpg

 

linen almalfi pant (in natural)

 Natural_amalfi-01.jpg

 

 

Thanks for the input!  We are married in less than a month and this is stressing me out :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why those pictures didn't show....hmmmmm. Well here they are attached:

 

 

 

 

 

Originally Posted by wilsonj2 View Post

I'm thinking of ordering from www.islandimporter.com  Does anyone have experience with this company?  I'm wondering if the following items run true to size and if they are good quality.  It also says a 36" inseam is standard, and that is what my fiance needs.  I'm wondering if they really are that long.  Here is the outfit:

 

linen almalfi shirt (in white)

 _MG_4892-01.jpg

 

linen almalfi pant (in natural)

 Natural_amalfi-01.jpg

 

 

Thanks for the input!  We are married in less than a month and this is stressing me out :)

 



 

post-30180-138622261927_thumb.jpg

post-30180-138622261932_thumb.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
    • Flower girl dresses tend to follow the latest trends in bridal party and thanks for sharing Great website that provide  good collection & services with affordable price .
  • Topics

×