Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rhonda

Rhonda's El Dorado Royale Review (Wedding 5.02.09)

Recommended Posts

Thank you for the wonderful review! I am booked on June 5, 2010 and will ask about the ceremony locations. I did want it a bit more private. I am thinking about live music for the ceremony and an ipod for dinner. Hopefully then the fun will start at the disco bar later...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the great review. We just booked November 10th, 2010 and I've just started to work with Valeria. Just wondering if you had any pics from the cocktail hour at Gazebo 55 you had? We were thinking of doing the same thing since we are having our ceremony there as well. Did you and your guests think it was worth it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkie569 View Post
Thanks for the great review. We just booked November 10th, 2010 and I've just started to work with Valeria. Just wondering if you had any pics from the cocktail hour at Gazebo 55 you had? We were thinking of doing the same thing since we are having our ceremony there as well. Did you and your guests think it was worth it?
Congrats! That's very exciting!
I have one pic of the cocktail hour that I can email you if you send me your email address. I definitely think the cocktail hour was worth it even though my husband and I barely got to enjoy it because we were with the photographer. It was perfect for our guests because it was so convenient right after the ceremony. I don't know what they all would have done while we were away. We had a solo guitarist at the cocktail party, which, I heard was good, but, not sure if it was worth to have or not.
Hope that helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
Congrats! That's very exciting!
I have one pic of the cocktail hour that I can email you if you send me your email address. I definitely think the cocktail hour was worth it even though my husband and I barely got to enjoy it because we were with the photographer. It was perfect for our guests because it was so convenient right after the ceremony. I don't know what they all would have done while we were away. We had a solo guitarist at the cocktail party, which, I heard was good, but, not sure if it was worth to have or not.
Hope that helps!
I'd really appreciate seeing whatever you had. My email is taras@shaw.ca. Thanks so much for the feedback too. I'm excited to have the cocktail hour now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Rhonda

"Photographer – For photographer, I chose Citlally from Claudia Rodriguez. She is one of the EDR approved photographers. Although I havenâ€t seen any of our photos yet, she was very sweet and a pleasure to work with. She even extended her stay so that she could get photos of the cake cutting, which I thought was so nice and definitely not necessary.

 

Spa- I was booked at the Casita Spa for my nail, hair, and makeup appointments on the wedding day. I had Erika and she did a great job! I was a little nervous about what to expect, but, she did exactly what I wanted. I brought a picture of my hairstyle that I had done at home and she did it exactly how I wanted (even better). For makeup, I only said I wanted “natural looking†and again, she did it perfect!

 

My mom, sister, and bridesmaid also got their hair done and all came out great too!"

 

 

Hi Rhonda!

 

I was wondering if you would mind if I asked a few questions about prices? How much was the make-up and hairstyling at the spa for you and your mom/sister? Also for the photography, what package did you choose and was it worth it? My FI wants to just rely on guests photos and disposable cameras we are giving as placeholders at the reception, but I still think we need some professional help! I just need help convincing him it's worth it, so any info you have would help me! Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianLindsey View Post
Originally Posted by Rhonda
"Photographer – For photographer, I chose Citlally from Claudia Rodriguez. She is one of the EDR approved photographers. Although I havenâ€t seen any of our photos yet, she was very sweet and a pleasure to work with. She even extended her stay so that she could get photos of the cake cutting, which I thought was so nice and definitely not necessary.

Spa- I was booked at the Casita Spa for my nail, hair, and makeup appointments on the wedding day. I had Erika and she did a great job! I was a little nervous about what to expect, but, she did exactly what I wanted. I brought a picture of my hairstyle that I had done at home and she did it exactly how I wanted (even better). For makeup, I only said I wanted “natural looking†and again, she did it perfect!

My mom, sister, and bridesmaid also got their hair done and all came out great too!"



Hi Rhonda!

I was wondering if you would mind if I asked a few questions about prices? How much was the make-up and hairstyling at the spa for you and your mom/sister? Also for the photography, what package did you choose and was it worth it? My FI wants to just rely on guests photos and disposable cameras we are giving as placeholders at the reception, but I still think we need some professional help! I just need help convincing him it's worth it, so any info you have would help me! Thanks!

Hi Lindsey,

The prices for makeup and hairstyle were $85 each.
The photography package that we chose was the "Special" one and I definitely think it was worth it. Citalli did an amazing job! We also have pics from our guests but I think Citalli did a great job capturing the emotions of the entire event, which is something that is hard to do as a guest. Everyone comments on how amazing our pictures are and I would highly recommend using a professional.
Here is the link to my slideshow if you're interested. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Rhonda & Mark | May 2nd 2009 | El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya Mexico

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rhonda,

 

Absolutely AWESOME review. I'm getting married at EDR on 8/7/10 so this was incredibly helpful.

 

I know this is probably an odd request, but how were the bathrooms? I know you stayed in the Casitas but did you see the bathrooms in the Jr Jacuzzi suite? Did your guests say they were nice?

 

I just think bathrooms are important so want to make sure my guests will be happy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for sharing.... We are getting married May 6, 2010 at EDR.

 

Can I ask how much the reception cost? Was it considered private? Did you happen to check out Tucanes?

Our plan as of now is: ceremony 3, cocktail hr. of some sort following, free dinner at el cocotal at 6:30 and then not sure.. another cocktail hr? Any suggestions??

 

Any must dos or haves while we are there?

 

How much was your photo pkg.? We are stumped with that too.

Thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
    • Hello Jania! are you bringing any external vendor for your wedding?
    • Looking forward to seeing your cruise wedding photos!!!
  • Topics

×