Pastor York??? Anyone use his services?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 MexicoBeachBride2010

MexicoBeachBride2010
  • 280 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:19 PM

AKelly,

The resort said it was fine and we are using the symbolic ceremony and getting married before we go. I'll post something after I meet with him. :o)

#12 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
    • 949 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:06 PM

akelly, you would use pastor york instead of an officiant, but i believe for a legal marriage you still need the judge to come and sign all of the paperwork. girls, correct me if i'm wrong here since i'm doing a symbolic!

also lauren, congrats!! one year from today!!

#13 shellb

shellb
      • 533 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:37 AM

ebredhawk, yes, Pastor York only does the symbolic ceremonies down there.

For a symbolic, you either have to:
        1) sign the papers with your witnesses and the judge down there (involves getting translations and submissions of documents to the consulate and the judges fee), or;
        2) do a legal ceremony at home (prior or after your symbolic ceremony) to make it legal.

#14 Boston Bride 2009

Boston Bride 2009
        • 268 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:02 PM

We booked him as well for November 27th 2009. He has been great to work with. He has responded the same day to all of my emails. He is going to meet with us the day we get to the resort to get to know one another. I thought that was great. He sent us our ceremony and it is very nice. We are going to tailor it just a little. I can't wait to meet him. I've read a lot of great things about him.

Debbie

#15 msbriss

msbriss
          • 21 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:48 PM

We have booked Pastor York as well, for Nov.26. His ceremony is lovely.

#16 rdhbride

rdhbride
            • 313 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:20 PM

he sounds perfect. i would to have religious feel to our ceremony even though its only symbolic. does anyone have his info and also how much he costs? thanks ladies:) would love to check this off the list!! wasn't sure who were going to use.

#17 shellb

shellb
              • 533 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:13 AM

Here is a link to my referral for him in the Bride Referrals section (his site) and his 2008 fee is $300 US for the Punta Cana region: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42293

Also sent you a PM.

#18 Kandy

Kandy
                • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:20 PM

My husband and I had Pastor York do our ceremony on May 9 at the dreams palm beach. Amazing does not do this man justice. We had 31 guests in tears during the most personal, emotional, spiritual, peaceful ceremony they had ever witnessed. Our ceremony involved 3 readings that he picked (but I could've changed but felt they were perfect) and lasted approx. 25 minutes. I would recommend him to anyone getting married in the DR. People stopped on the beach to hear his sermon. Complete strangers asked us if he was a family member or friend b/c it was so personal. USE HIM. DO NOT USE the wedding coordinator available at your resort. You will be disapointed as will your guests. Feel free to fire off more questions- I love this man!

#19 Steffi234

Steffi234
                  • 27 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 02:09 PM

Kandy - thanks so much for the positive review - I just received the wording from him and it's beautiful! I look forward to using him for our wedding!

#20 moepeedy

moepeedy
                    • 491 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:35 AM

Hello gals, I just came back from my trip. I had Pastor York officiate our ceremony and IT WAS PERFECTTTTTTTT!!!!!! It was personal, emotional, super humorous just like Kandy mentioned. All my guest cried at certain parts of our ceremony and then laughter in other sections of the ceremony. I sent pastor York our wording and he recited everything exactly how I wanted. He is wonderful to work with. I would super recommend him you won't go wrong.
                      Moe's Plannin Thread Super Long

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t45234

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users