Photo

Pastor York??? Anyone use his services?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 charliebrown

charliebrown
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:55 AM

I came across this Pastor in Punta Cana. He is originally from the states and will perform ceremony in english. I have visited his website and chatted via email. Just wondering if any brides out there have used him or will be using him?

#2 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
    • 949 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:06 PM

if you do a search for pastor york you should get a couple of reviews from other BDW ladies. i am also working with him to do our wedding and his ceremony looks beautiful! he seems to come highly recommended by several brides!!

#3 shellb

shellb
      • 533 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:02 PM

Thanks ebredhawk, you beat me to it. I posted a bride referal in the referal section: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42293

There are a few of us that have used Pastor York's services and wholeheartedly recommend him to other brides. He helped make our day special.

#4 DarcyJAde

DarcyJAde
        • 305 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:49 PM

We are using him for our wedding in October. His sample ceremony was so beautiful, it brought us to tears.
          http://img.weddingco...r/8vbdydmgt.png

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGP
          [/SIGPIC] 40 PEOPLE BOOKED!!!

#5 foxytv

foxytv
          • VIP Member
          • 7,740 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:57 PM

That is a great option! My parents would have preferred an English ceremony.

We just did a Symbolic Ceremony with the translation and it was great for us, though.

Sounds like Pastor York is great, though!

#6 charliebrown

charliebrown
            • 12 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:58 PM

Thanks ladies. I think we are going to use him, I loved his sample ceremony. I think we will have the symbolic there and legalize everything at home after the fact. I want our day in PC to be the first time we say our vows.

#7 khomac

khomac
              • 380 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:58 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by shellb
                Thanks ebredhawk, you beat me to it. I posted a bride referal in the referal section: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42293

There are a few of us that have used Pastor York's services and wholeheartedly recommend him to other brides. He helped make our day special.

I'm just wondering about the whole legal side of things. Is he legit? How long does it take to get your certificate? I remember a few years ago there was and "judge" who was performing ceremonies, but never registered them, and therefore the couples weren't actually married.

Thoughts anyone?
                Kelly & Pablo

http://www.michaelsteingard.com
                Michael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs

#8 moepeedy

moepeedy
                • 491 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:58 PM

I am having Pastor York officiate our ceremony and I have to say he has be so amazing to work with. He sent me his sample ceremony and it was great but I wanted him to review my sample and he simply loved it. So we will go with my version. He is quick on responding to all my emails. I am looking forward to meeting him. I have read great reviews about him.
                  Moe's Plannin Thread Super Long

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t45234

#9 MexicoBeachBride2010

MexicoBeachBride2010
                  • 280 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:09 AM

Hey Girls...I am using Pastor York too. I will be traveling to Punta Cana to do a site visit at the Majestic and if any one has questions or anything let me know and I can ask them. :o)

#10 akelly

akelly
                    • 9 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:31 PM

I am definately interested in using Pastor York as well and am almost 100% sure we have chosen the Majestic Colonial. So once you hear from him after the site visit can you let me know what he says. Will the resort let us use Pastor York instead of the judge they offer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users