Beach Palace, Cancun Mexico wedding review

We arrived in Mexico on Monday around noon. We had an appointment with our wedding planner at 3:00pm. During the appointment, we had our blood taken, selected a photo package, selected flowers/cake and completed the necessary forms that pertain to the marriage. At this meeting, you will need to provide your passports and tourist cards for the bride and groom and two witnesses. We were not made aware of this ahead of time, so we had to meet with the wedding planner the following day.

Our package included the brideâ€s bouquet, grooms flower and two centerpiece arrangements. The flower selection available for the “included†flowers was a short list. We selected tropical flower assortments for our centerpieces and ivory roses for my bouquet. The flowers were beautiful! We decided to purchase additional flowers. Just a heads up… they charge a fortune for extra flowers! We paid $40 for each boutonnière and $120 for the maid of honor bouquet. We bought two corsages for the mothers and those were $40 a piece. They offered rose petals for the guests to throw at the bride and groom at the end of the ceremony for $30. We decided to pass on that. I would suggest bringing silk flower petals or bubbles. I brought my own chair bows. Bring extra because they will set up more chairs than needed! The chair bows added a punch of color to the white chairs. They provided the wedding structure with white silk flowers too.

The wedding was planned for Thursday at 6pm. We scheduled our spa services prior to our arrival in Cancun. The spa staff was awesome! They have a private room for the bride to be pampered in. My appointments started at 1:30pm. I had a mani/pedi and hair/makeup done. My French mani/pedi turned out awesome! I have mid length hair and decided to have it pulled back into a low updo. I picked a photo from one of their books and the woman did it for me. My makeup turned out good, but I did not like the eye shadow color or application. It was different than I normally wear my makeup, but I trusted their judgment for the photos. The other women were in another part of the spa from me and I felt a little lonely in the room by myself. I think that we left the spa around 4:00pm.

They offered us a hospitality room in the hotel for us to get dressed in. The wedding cord brought the flowers to the room once they arrived. We decided to use the photographer from the resort. We had 36 photos included in our package and decided to upgrade that to the 75 photos with the album. It cost about $225 to upgrade to that package. The photographer met me in our hospitality hotel room around 5:30. I thought that he was cheesy! Our package also included a DVD, so he had the videographer with him. They shot a lot of photos in the room! If you have a choice, please ask them if you can take photos in another part of the resort. Looking at my photos, I donâ€t really like the shots in the hotel room! Another suggestion, please ask him to take a close up portrait photo of the bride and groom. We did not get a great photo of both of us looking at the camera with a close up. Just before 6p, the wedding cord walked my father and I up to the sky terrace for the ceremony to begin.

We selected to have a violin and cello play for the ceremony. I would do that again! They did a great job. Their music is also on our DVD. The minister did a great job too. We decided to have a sand ceremony. My sister read the sand ceremony for us.

The photographer took great photos during the ceremony! After the ceremony, he took a few shots of the entire group. We had 10 guests, and I wish he would have taken a few more photos of the guests! We got a great photo with the 12 of us. I asked if he would take some additional photos, but he claimed that we did not have the time and we still had to shoot the bride and groom photos.

Beach Palace has NO beach. The water literally crashes up against the hotel. He walked us down by the pool and got some awesome shots of the two of us. After that, the photographer and videoagrapher left.

Beach Palace has a rule that outside events have to be finished by 10pm. With the 6p wedding, we decided to have dinner at the Tequila Restaurant. The service was very slow! If I could change things, I would have skipped the dinner and had the group go to the bar for a few cocktails. Because our guest count was under 25, we were not able to have the dinner reception. We ended up going with the cocktail reception which includes appetizers. They are very generous with the appetizers and my guests hardly touched them. Our cocktail reception went from 8-10.

We decided to go with the DJ for the two hours during our reception. If I could do it again, I would not have!!! I would have gone with the ipod selection. The DJ did not say one word the entire two hours. We gave him our first dance songs and he played them continuously with no words or space in between. We literally were running around trying to get the right people on the dance floor. The DJ provided a microphone, so we decided to have our toasts done during the reception.

They had PLENTY of servers at the cocktail reception ready to provide drinks. I think that they were bored because ¼ of my guests donâ€t drink. Our reception was on the sky terrace, so it was a beautiful night to see the city from the 12th floor of the hotel.

Beach Palace Resort was top notch! The view from the sky wedding terrace was breathtaking!!! The terrace has a 360 degree view of Cancun. The photos that were sent to me did not do this location justice. I believe that Beach Palace only offers one wedding per day. Beach Palace is located in the middle of the hotel zone. If you are looking to get married in Cancun and looking for an alternative to that “Beach†wedding, check this place out! I canâ€t say enough great things about the place.

• Like 1

I second that; pics please :) Congratulations, it sounds like you had a great wedding. We looked at the Beach Palace in the early stagas of planning, but choose the Casa Magna only b/c it had more beach (but then we had to start all over b/c our trip got cancelled b/c of the swine flu.) Anyway, I know the Beach Palace is beautiful & I can't wait to see your pics!!!!

• 2 months later...

HI Laura,

We just booked our wedding at the Beach Palace for April 2010. I was wondering how the dj thing worked....you don't reccomend doing it? Also, did you bring additional decorations? It seems strange the package only includes 2 flower arrangements- it can get expensive to decorate the tables, correct?

• 1 month later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileenk17 View Post
HI Laura,

We just booked our wedding at the Beach Palace for April 2010. I was wondering how the dj thing worked....you don't reccomend doing it? Also, did you bring additional decorations? It seems strange the package only includes 2 flower arrangements- it can get expensive to decorate the tables, correct?
I would not spend the money on the DJ!!! They only play music and don't talk in between songs. If I were you, I would bring an MP3 player and get that package. A person will still come and work the sound system. You can make your own play list and save lots of money. We brought our decorations with us. I got some chair sashes on ebay that added a lot of color. If you are having a big wedding, you may want to bring some silk flowers. The flowers through the hotel are VERY expensive. For example, we paid $45 per bouteniere and $100 for my maid of honors small boquet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shae View Post
Hi there! I'm new to this site and have been going nuts trying to find the pics you posted of your Beach Palace wedding. Where do I find them!?!? Thanks so much for your help :)
Hi Shae
If you do a search in the top right corner for Beach Palace Resort, you should find the thread for the forum with the photos.

Have fun planning your wedding! Beach Palace was an awesome place to get married at! The roof top was perfect and there are not a lot of weddings like moon palace. If you can be patient with the wedding cords at palace resort, everything does come together.