Sign in to follow this  
michelle6114

I need a photographer I can sneak into my wedding

Hi all.

I am getting married at Beaches Boscobel on Oct 10. I do not trust them to get very good photos and do not want to take chances. I am willing to pay for a day pass and a nights stay at the resort, so that they can pass as a "guest". Any recommendations?

honestly, i dont know beaches photographer policy, but i wouldnt want to mess with my pictures on my wedding day.

what i mean is, i wouldnt want to take a chance of my photog getting kicked out that day and having no wedding pictures. i would comply with what the resort policy is, in order to not have to stress and freak out in a bad situation. wedding pictures are so high of a priority on most brides lists, i just would hate to take a chance.

bite the bullet, pay the $, and enjoy your amazing pics, stress and worry free.

can you imagine taking the risk and losing? 1 year after the wedding, even 20 years from now, you wont be able to re-create your once in a lifetime opportunity wedding pics, kwim?

Hmmm have you thought about taking a photographer with you, as a "guest"? But if you are really worried about it, I would hire a local.

Is there a policy that prohibits outside vendors?

We brought our photogs w/ us - their travel and accomodations was included in the package price.

Just find out what your resorts policy is for outside photogs. Many don't mind at all.

I actually emailed Brian Najedy about resorts that "prohibit" outside vendors, as mine does as well. He said they just have to get a room for a night and then they are a guest of the hotel and can do what they want. He said for one photo shoot he did at my resort he didn't even need a day pass. I think it depends on how strict they are for these things. I don't mind paying for a 1 night stay to get a good photographer - Brian's pics are really nice. For my budget, it's a bit cost prohibitive to fly someone in and pay for their flight and room.

My friend got married at Beaches Boscobel last year and brought their photog with them. They called him "Uncle so-and-so" the entire time he was there! I guess they are really strict. RIU is much more laid back and I only had to pay the $75 day pass, so that was easy. Others are definately more strict.

I did contact Brian and he was booked. I do have a local photographer who is willing to be snuck in. I just have to pay a day pass.

I didn't realize about Beaches "no 3rd party vendor" rules until after we booked and paid for half of our wedding and stay there. I think that rule is absurd, especially when they make it so difficult to plan ahead of time. Even if I wanted to use their staff, the few pics I've seen online on their site is compiled by an un-named group of phototgraphers and I think it leaves a lot to be desired. I would not know who the person is until that week probably, and who is to say they are any good? If I were to do this all over again, I would NOT pick this resort chain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle6114 View Post
Hi all.
I am getting married at Beaches Boscobel on Oct 10. I do not trust them to get very good photos and do not want to take chances. I am willing to pay for a day pass and a nights stay at the resort, so that they can pass as a "guest". Any recommendations?
Mine is just coming as my wedding guest and he's staying 3 nights. There's no rule against "cousin Chris" taking photos for me for my wedding present is there? No way! wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle6114 View Post
I did contact Brian and he was booked. I do have a local photographer who is willing to be snuck in. I just have to pay a day pass.
I didn't realize about Beaches "no 3rd party vendor" rules until after we booked and paid for half of our wedding and stay there. I think that rule is absurd, especially when they make it so difficult to plan ahead of time. Even if I wanted to use their staff, the few pics I've seen online on their site is compiled by an un-named group of phototgraphers and I think it leaves a lot to be desired. I would not know who the person is until that week probably, and who is to say they are any good? If I were to do this all over again, I would NOT pick this resort chain.
I assume you have kids coming to the wedding? We looked at the Beaches chain because we had my niece there. I felt overwhelmed with the choices for kid-friendly resorts but then DH kindly found this site and the RIU for me. My friend's photos looked beautiful (again, she brought her own...), so I am sure that the resort and your wedding will be perfect, but I agree that the policy is absurd! I just hope it all works out for you!