I need a photographer I can sneak into my wedding

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 michelle6114

michelle6114
  • 209 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:18 PM

Hi all.
    I am getting married at Beaches Boscobel on Oct 10. I do not trust them to get very good photos and do not want to take chances. I am willing to pay for a day pass and a nights stay at the resort, so that they can pass as a "guest". Any recommendations?

#2 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
    • 813 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:24 PM

I would recommend Brian Nejedly. He was amazing. I think with Beaches, though, the minimum night's stay is 3?

#3 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
      • Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:30 PM

honestly, i dont know beaches photographer policy, but i wouldnt want to mess with my pictures on my wedding day.

what i mean is, i wouldnt want to take a chance of my photog getting kicked out that day and having no wedding pictures. i would comply with what the resort policy is, in order to not have to stress and freak out in a bad situation. wedding pictures are so high of a priority on most brides lists, i just would hate to take a chance.

bite the bullet, pay the $, and enjoy your amazing pics, stress and worry free.

can you imagine taking the risk and losing? 1 year after the wedding, even 20 years from now, you wont be able to re-create your once in a lifetime opportunity wedding pics, kwim?

#4 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:55 PM

Hmmm have you thought about taking a photographer with you, as a "guest"? But if you are really worried about it, I would hire a local.

#5 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:15 PM

Is there a policy that prohibits outside vendors?

We brought our photogs w/ us - their travel and accomodations was included in the package price.

Just find out what your resorts policy is for outside photogs. Many don't mind at all.

#6 jk1101

jk1101
          • 2,582 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:10 PM

I actually emailed Brian Najedy about resorts that "prohibit" outside vendors, as mine does as well. He said they just have to get a room for a night and then they are a guest of the hotel and can do what they want. He said for one photo shoot he did at my resort he didn't even need a day pass. I think it depends on how strict they are for these things. I don't mind paying for a 1 night stay to get a good photographer - Brian's pics are really nice. For my budget, it's a bit cost prohibitive to fly someone in and pay for their flight and room.

#7 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
            • 813 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:20 PM

My friend got married at Beaches Boscobel last year and brought their photog with them. They called him "Uncle so-and-so" the entire time he was there! I guess they are really strict. RIU is much more laid back and I only had to pay the $75 day pass, so that was easy. Others are definately more strict.

#8 michelle6114

michelle6114
              • 209 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:41 PM

I did contact Brian and he was booked. I do have a local photographer who is willing to be snuck in. I just have to pay a day pass.
                I didn't realize about Beaches "no 3rd party vendor" rules until after we booked and paid for half of our wedding and stay there. I think that rule is absurd, especially when they make it so difficult to plan ahead of time. Even if I wanted to use their staff, the few pics I've seen online on their site is compiled by an un-named group of phototgraphers and I think it leaves a lot to be desired. I would not know who the person is until that week probably, and who is to say they are any good? If I were to do this all over again, I would NOT pick this resort chain.

#9 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
                • 3,103 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 03:23 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by michelle6114
                  Hi all.
                  I am getting married at Beaches Boscobel on Oct 10. I do not trust them to get very good photos and do not want to take chances. I am willing to pay for a day pass and a nights stay at the resort, so that they can pass as a "guest". Any recommendations?
                  Mine is just coming as my wedding guest and he's staying 3 nights. There's no rule against "cousin Chris" taking photos for me for my wedding present is there? No way!

#10 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
                  • 813 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 03:23 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by michelle6114
                    I did contact Brian and he was booked. I do have a local photographer who is willing to be snuck in. I just have to pay a day pass.
                    I didn't realize about Beaches "no 3rd party vendor" rules until after we booked and paid for half of our wedding and stay there. I think that rule is absurd, especially when they make it so difficult to plan ahead of time. Even if I wanted to use their staff, the few pics I've seen online on their site is compiled by an un-named group of phototgraphers and I think it leaves a lot to be desired. I would not know who the person is until that week probably, and who is to say they are any good? If I were to do this all over again, I would NOT pick this resort chain.
                    I assume you have kids coming to the wedding? We looked at the Beaches chain because we had my niece there. I felt overwhelmed with the choices for kid-friendly resorts but then DH kindly found this site and the RIU for me. My friend's photos looked beautiful (again, she brought her own...), so I am sure that the resort and your wedding will be perfect, but I agree that the policy is absurd! I just hope it all works out for you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users