Has anyone tried to make a birdcage veil or fascinator. I got some netting from a fabric store for real cheap ($1.99) and want to try and make one. I've found some websites with instructions, but I would love to hear or see what other people have tried. My FI and the groomsmen are wearing fedora hats, and I thought it would be nice to have the birdcage veil with a silk flower fascinator and some feathers. And if it turns out to be easy, then I will make fascinators for my bridesmaids too.

I bought Russian netting @ a local fabric store & a hair flower at Kohls, and my mom's friend helped me put it all together. I say go for it!

I haven't had a chance to try it on with my dress yet, so I'm not 100% sure if I'll wear it during the wedding or just the day-after shots...

I made a few last weekend as accessories for my models in my fashion show for school. I did 3 in under 30 minutes, it cost me a total of $15, and I didn't even use a quarter of the amount of stuff I bought. Just used plastic hair combs, ostrich plumes, silk roses, and tulle, hot glue gun to put it all together. It's def worth a try. Go buy a yard of the cheap 1.99 tulle and a bag of plastic combs for .99 to practice with.

This is a little off topic, but do you mind me asking where you got the fedoras? We're looking for some inexpensive white straw ones and not really having any luck. I say go for it with the birdcage/fascinator!