Freaking out - little red itchy, burning "bites"?! HELP!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 JaimeLynne

• VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:33 PM

haha thanks Jess

Yes, I'll take my white skin back please!

But really I did not go in aiming to be "dark" - I really just wanted to get a slow built up base to help prevent burning like crazy down there. Oh well!!!

I'll go back to using Jergen's tanning lotion once this crud settles down (which will hopefully be SOON!)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#12 mrsrhbtobe

• 387 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:44 PM

It sounds like a contact dermatitis to me, or the heat rash. Have you tried aloe vera on it? That's pretty non-irritating. Or try a cool washcloth. Whatever it is should go away in a few days as long as the irritant isn't reapplied. Good luck! Your posts were cracking me up because I'm guilty of googling anything also:)
      Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end.

#13 Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 3,490 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:47 PM

Oh Geez Jaime! As if you need this now!

sorry hun, I am NO help on what it might be...but I will cross my fingers for you tonight that this crappy rash goes away asap!

#14 cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,151 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:55 PM

oh jaime that definitely looks like the heat rash tom's mother and aunt get every summer when they get a little sun. (haha guess that means that's what all my guests will look like on wedding day, lol). actually if it makes you feel any better, theirs always cleared up in a couple of days. :)

i'm also SO glad that the pic you posted wasn't you ... that looks pretty bad! you could try a topical benedryl cream in conjuction with the pill kind ... at least that way you don't get knocked out.

#15 MarieSam

• VIP Member
          • 2,336 posts
            • LocationSouthern California

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:55 PM

I'm sure it will go away Benadryl always works wonders for me, not to mention gives me a good nap. Oh and the mention of Aloe Vera is a good one too!

#16 MarieSam

• VIP Member
            • 2,336 posts
              • LocationSouthern California

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:57 PM

Oooh ok just saw the pics, nothing like what I had. But yes def. looks like heat rash -- girl you should be good to go. You'll be just perfect come the wedding

#17 lscilley

• 1,466 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:04 PM

I agree that looks like heat rash you can also try a hydrocortisone cream that is what worked for me when I got it on my face last time I went to the Dominican and it helps with the itching too. You can just go buy it from a drug store. I'm sure it will clear up in time for your wedding mine only lasted about 4 or 5 days from when I first noticed the bumps.

#18 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:13 PM

i got those itchy red bumps from tanning. Really any time I used a tanning bed I got them, so it wasn't from the bed but the UV.

My senior year of high school was the first time I used a tanning bed. I was so itchy i was using my bathroom passes just to go scratch.

hydrocortizone helps a lot.

#19 KLC77

• 2,207 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:24 PM

I agree Jaime, no more tanning beds for you! It does look like heat rash. I hope it clears up in a day or so!

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#20 cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 12,151 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:19 PM

look at it this way, jaime, at least because you got the rash NOW, you'll have the cortisone cream and benadryl on hand in case you get anything similar from the heat and sun in the days prior to your wedding! if you hadn't had this warning rash, you might have gone unprepared!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users