Has anyone ever heard of or used LilyWedding.com

Hi ladies-

I am having a breakdown-

I have been shopping and shopping for months for a dress and still cannot seem to find "the one". I am starting to get really sick of looking and trying things on. Either i dont like the fit (becuase nothing you try on ftis anyways) or i dont like the fabric.

I just want to get this whole process done and over with and move on to other important things.

Anyways- i found this dress online and i really like it (and the price too). But i am really scared to by something online....

They ask for ALL of the possible measurements, so i dont know how they could get it wronghuh.gif But you never know...

Has anyone bought their dress online? How did it turn out? How was the experience?

LilyWedding.com - Wedding Dresses - Style #LWD0014

Cute dress - great price too. Sorry I don't have any advice as far as buying on line... Don't worry though, someone on here is sure to help you out!!! The only thing I could think of is to do a search on this forum for "buying dress online" or something like that. Maybe there is already a thread out there on this... Good luck and don't worry, it will all work out!

I believe LauraB ordered a dress online so you could do a search through her threads. If you're concerned about fit and fabric, I'm not sure ordering online is the best way to go because you won't be able to feel the fabric and even though they ask for your measurements, you'll probably still have to get it altered. It is a good price though! Maybe if you order it and it doesn't work out, you could use it for a "trash the dress" session.

-V-

I bought my Casablanca from an e-bay vendor that owns a bridal salon in Northern CA. It was a sample dress. Fortunately I tried the same dress on at a local salon so I knew the size would fit. It wasn't altered in any way so I'll need to have that done.

I know there was a bride on here that bought a China dress.. do a search for "China" posts.

I think Jeanetta bought her dress from an ebay vendor in china and it was made for her and she was very happy with it. Laura bought one from the same vendor and wasn't as happy with it, so it might just depend on how complicated the dress is.

I also bought one on ebay but it was a sample from a bridal salon

I've never heard of LilyWedding but the dress looks beautiful.

I actually bought two dresses from a vendor on ebay. He said I could return whichever I didn't want. I just picked them up from the post office today and they're in perfect condition. I knew my size from trying on similar dresses in a shop so the fit (on the one in my size) is perfect. - No alterations needed. The one that I knew would be too small .. is definitely too small : ) but I wanted to try it anyway.

Amanda,

I like the dress but, I would be concerened about not getting what I want especially from a online vendor that seems like no one's heard of.... I'm sure its totally fine but its something to consider. If your worried about the fabric, then gowns made in China usually don't use the "Top Top" fabrics.. and what they advertise as silk usually is a synthetic silk mix or not even silk at all. so you really need to know what your buying. What are you looking for exactly? If your worried about cost and want to keep it in the 200 - 300 range, I suggest going on ebay or buying a "destination" type looking dress from Nordstrom: Wedding Shop - Wedding Dresses - Nordstrom.com

Or if you wanted to spend more money have you considered just copying one that you like and having a seamstress make it for you so you can get the fit right without having to spend money altering it?

Don't worry, you have plenty of time to find "the one." My wedding is in less than 6 months and I still haven't started the process of designing mine with my seamstress... once you know what you want, she can make it as fast as in a week.

So relax, don't feel like you have to jump into your decision now... wait until you really know what you want.

Good Luck!

Monika