Photo

Contemplating a Disney Wedding...

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#11 islandbride317

islandbride317
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:01 AM

This might not be much of a help, but I thought I'd mention it...

I saw an hour-long special on TV a few months ago (I think it was "We" or Women's Entertainment -- not sure if you had that cable channel in Newfoundland, though) and it showcased Disney Weddings: girl, they were AMAZING!

The entire show was hosted by the incredible wedding-planner David Tutera (I'm guessing because he just teamed up with Disney for a Signature line of weddings) and they showed a variety of sizes and styles of ceremonies, so I'm sure there is something EXACTLY like what you have in mind! (I know David Tutera weddings start at $50K, so they might be waaaay over your price range, but his weddings are just a small sampling of the range of wedding events they can make possible).

And if not, it's DISNEY! They are in the business of making dreams come true...

Good luck and let us know what you decide!

#12 Jenamie

Jenamie
    • 392 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:23 AM

OMG I will be sooooooo jealous thats what I wanted to do SOOOOOO bad!!!

I'm on this site too
      Disney Weddings and Honeymoons - The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

Me and FI did compramise and we are Disneymooning!!!
      He wanted to get married in NC because thats where we met blah stupid romantics :P
      But serously its not as expensive as you think it could be because they do so much with pacages and stuff :)

They are strict though so everything HAS to be dont threw them.... but you will love it if Disney is your thing :)

Just call them up and price it :)

#13 FutureMrsLewis

FutureMrsLewis
      • 583 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:00 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by islandbride317
        This might not be much of a help, but I thought I'd mention it...

I saw an hour-long special on TV a few months ago (I think it was "We" or Women's Entertainment -- not sure if you had that cable channel in Newfoundland, though) and it showcased Disney Weddings: girl, they were AMAZING!

The entire show was hosted by the incredible wedding-planner David Tutera (I'm guessing because he just teamed up with Disney for a Signature line of weddings) and they showed a variety of sizes and styles of ceremonies, so I'm sure there is something EXACTLY like what you have in mind! (I know David Tutera weddings start at $50K, so they might be waaaay over your price range, but his weddings are just a small sampling of the range of wedding events they can make possible).

And if not, it's DISNEY! They are in the business of making dreams come true...

Good luck and let us know what you decide!
        We don't get WE, but now I kinda wish we did lol I would have loved to have seen that. 50K is a little over what I'm willing to spend, but 20K is definitely do-able.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Jenamie
        OMG I will be sooooooo jealous thats what I wanted to do SOOOOOO bad!!!

I'm on this site too
        Disney Weddings and Honeymoons - The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

Me and FI did compramise and we are Disneymooning!!!
        He wanted to get married in NC because thats where we met blah stupid romantics :P
        But serously its not as expensive as you think it could be because they do so much with pacages and stuff :)

They are strict though so everything HAS to be dont threw them.... but you will love it if Disney is your thing :)

Just call them up and price it :)

I don't care if everything is through Disney, we're planning to stay at a Disney resort anyway (entrance to the park after everyone else is gone! Bonus! lol) And I'm definitely thinking it's going to be a Disney wedding, because all you ladies are just making this sound absolutely perfect!

#14 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,680 posts
        • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
        • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
        • LocationUtah

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:07 AM

How exciting! Love the idea and I really hope you get your disney wedding!

#15 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
        • 888 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:15 AM

If you can't find TAs willing to work with you, don't work with them. If they're giving you sass, I'd just say "Oh! Well, the good news is that WDW is in my price range, but the bad news is I'm going with someone who isn't going to assume things about me instead of booking through you. Peace out."

#16 FutureMrsLewis

FutureMrsLewis
          • 583 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:09 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Sapphire723
            If you can't find TAs willing to work with you, don't work with them. If they're giving you sass, I'd just say "Oh! Well, the good news is that WDW is in my price range, but the bad news is I'm going with someone who isn't going to assume things about me instead of booking through you. Peace out."
            ROFLMAO I DEFINITELY have to remember that!

#17 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
            • Moderators
            • 25,218 posts
            • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
            • LocationSeattle

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:40 PM

oh if you havent yet, you really should hop on the disboards someone mentioned above, they are set up a lot like BDW (both are powered by Vbulletin) but its ALL disney! they are a great forum as well. im sure you'll get loads of disney wedding info over there, but dont forget to post it all over here to help out our future disney brides/honeymooners :)

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com - Powered by vBulletin

#18 FutureMrsLewis

FutureMrsLewis
            • 583 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:51 PM

Whatever info I find, I'm DEFINITELY sharing with my fellow BDWers :) I should receive my info package from Disney soon, and I'll post all the details ^_^

#19 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
              • 888 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:01 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by FutureMrsLewis
                Whatever info I find, I'm DEFINITELY sharing with my fellow BDWers :) I should receive my info package from Disney soon, and I'll post all the details ^_^
                Ah, we love you for it! Information is like a drug around here!

#20 FutureMrsLewis

FutureMrsLewis
                • 583 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:06 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Sapphire723
                  Ah, we love you for it! Information is like a drug around here!
                  Information and pictures! lol And I'll share lots of both, trust me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users