Newly engaged and considering eloping!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 AAW613

• 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:56 AM

Hi everyone,
    My name is Adrienne and I am newly engaged (last Friday) and have not set a date or location yet. Yesterday I was talking to my fiance about the overwhelming task of planning and paying for a wedding, and he joked that we should elope in Vegas. I laughed at first but did a quick google search and found some beautiful outdoor wedding sites - I especially love the photos I've seen from the Valley of Fire! My dad has told me that whatever money is left from the wedding budget would go towards a downpayment on a house, so we are trying to conserve by having a small wedding (parents only) and throwing a party when we get back for friends and family. Would anyone else like to share their experiences with this?

I'm open to other destination wedding ideas, but we are trying to save up, and it's hard to beat $1,100 for a limo, photographer, minister and amazing ceremony location! Input is welcome, thanks!

#2 ~Stephanie~

• 3,347 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:58 AM

Hi Adrienne! to the forum! I have seen the Valley of Fire pictures as my DW was going to be Vegas till I realized I wanted a beach! Those pictures are gorgeous! Good Luck with your planning!

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#3 MomentsThatMatter

• Vendor
      • 2,015 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:05 PM

Congratulations Adrienne! That price does sound great... do whatever makes you happy!
        Lincoln & Lori @ Moments that Matter Photography
        Playa Del Carmen Wedding Photographers - Mexico - Cancun - & Mayan Riviera
        Web: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/
        Blog: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/blog/

#4 dinogomez.com

• 5,705 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:44 PM

Welcome to the forum and congratulations!! You've come to the right place; here you can find all the info you need for a fun, smooth and successful planning!! Enjoy!!!

#5 super19

• 1,123 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:50 PM

Welcome to the forum! You'll find tons of great info here.

Happy planning,

#6 O'Driscoll Photography

O'Driscoll Photography
            • 4,853 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:06 PM

Congrats and welcome, Adrienne!

Yes, Vegas has some great outdoor locations. I was just up there recently shooting an engagement session at the Red Rocks, and it was absolutely beautiful!

Have fun planning!

Best wishes,

#7 lololola

• 156 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:44 PM

Congratulation on the engagement and welcome to the forum. The Valley of Fire looks gorgeous, have fun planning!

#8 Jamaica0619

• 475 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:59 PM

I have been hiking at the Valley of Fire and it is absolutely gorgeous. So, is Red Rock, which someone else mentioned. I say do what makes you happy. Good luck!
                  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#9 BlakleyBrideToBe

• 2,115 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:56 PM

Congrats and Welcome

#10 liz1717

• 113 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:01 PM

congrats and welcome to the forum! you'll find tons of helpful information here no matter where you decide to get married! good luck planning!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users