Posted 24 May 2007 - 04:30 PM

It wasn't me.. lol

#32 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
    • 4,979 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 04:36 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by TAMMYM
      Courtney, your a mod now,,, I think I need to be banned.. lol..
      Haha.. if I ban you, then I'M the one that brings it up... at least you look like the one who's mind is in the gutter here!
      Happily Married since May 9, 2008
      Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#33 sunnydaes

sunnydaes
      • 684 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:31 PM

I'm reviving this thread...
        when i first got my ring it was a 5. it was a bit too big, big enough that i felt like i had to keep looking down or feeling it to make sure it didn't fall off. So I took it to the jeweler and he made it a 4.5 but that was too small it was driving me crazy, and it actually hurt. So took it back and he made it a 4.75. I have had it this way for a few months and it fits good, but it spins constantly, which drives me nuts!!
        earlier in the thread there is some talk about "two balls" Does this help keep the diamond upright? I need to do something, it's bothering me too much.

#34 fogdog

fogdog
        • 170 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:02 AM

I also had beads (or for those of you with dirty minds, balls) installed into my ring. My husband got it as a surprise and thought I was a 4.5 but I'm really a 4 and the ring is not the type that can be sized. So, the jeweler suggested the beads and I was very skeptical at first, but now I love them. It helps the ring slide over my knuckle but then stay in place around the looser part of my finger. I have 3 and I don't notice them at all. They also mentioned the benefit of being able to take them in/out, like when I get pregnant or during the winter. They are platinum and were done at no cost. I think it's a great solution.
          Bridget and Brian
          Los Cabos 11/17/07

#35 sunnydaes

sunnydaes
          • 684 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:07 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by fogdog
            I also had beads (or for those of you with dirty minds, balls) installed into my ring. My husband got it as a surprise and thought I was a 4.5 but I'm really a 4 and the ring is not the type that can be sized. So, the jeweler suggested the beads and I was very skeptical at first, but now I love them. It helps the ring slide over my knuckle but then stay in place around the looser part of my finger. I have 3 and I don't notice them at all. They also mentioned the benefit of being able to take them in/out, like when I get pregnant or during the winter. They are platinum and were done at no cost. I think it's a great solution.
            Did you have the "spinning" problem? or was it just too big?

#36 fogdog

fogdog
            • 170 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:09 AM

It was definitely too big and it did spin, but I wouldn't call it a problem bc it's an eternity band. But, once the beads were put in, it stopped spinning and it tends to stay put.
              Bridget and Brian
              Los Cabos 11/17/07

#37 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,047 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
              • LocationToronto

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:26 AM

a friend of mine who's a jewler said that if you have a problem with your ring spinning, you can have it shaped more like an oval than a circle. The oval shape prevents it from spinning.

#38 sunnydaes

sunnydaes
              • 684 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:48 AM

ok good to know. i don't think i can take it much longer.

#39 beachbride08

beachbride08
                • VIP Member
                • 2,372 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:01 AM

I would wait until you get your wedding band to see how it fits with that. You might not need to get it resized again.
                  Michelle

#40 sunnydaes

sunnydaes
                  • 684 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:15 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by beachbride08
                    I would wait until you get your wedding band to see how it fits with that. You might not need to get it resized again.
                    really? I don't know if i can wait!?the spinning bothers me, as if i'm tactile sensity..does that make sense?

When my hands are hot, it stays straight but it isn't stuck on there, it still moves easily. When my hands are cold it won't stay straight at all. it falls to the side. My hands are cold most of the time.
                    After reading this, i feel like it might be a bit big, but i'm scared it will be too small if i get it resized again.
                    Since my last resizing i have lost 8 pounds, so maybe my figers are smaller and it really is bigger?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users