My e ring has always been too big - like when I washed my hands it would slip off. So we finally brought it in to get it resized and I picked it up last night. I go to wash my hands and see how my ring feels. It feels ok, maybe still a little big. So then I start furiously shaking my hand to see if it come off. After some serious shaking it goes flying across the room.

So, I torn if I should get it smaller. It was origionally a 6.5. Went to get sized and tried on the 6, felt pretty good. Then tried on the 5.5 which was tight - like it looked like it squished my finger in. So do I leave it as a 6 and just not furiously shake my left hand when wethuh.gif Or get it smaller...again.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
Ok how often do you plan on shaking your hands like they are on fire? 2. If you gain weight in about 40 years your ring will not fit. get a small ring gaurd
Catherine you always crack me up!!!

well think about things like swimming or just being active (and sweating) - would it fall off? and in the winter when you're cold (we MN girls know that!) it will come off easier.

but also, if you wear it with a band it may stay on better too. maybe keep it that size for a few weeks and see how it feels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akh View Post
well think about things like swimming or just being active (and sweating) - would it fall off? and in the winter when you're cold (we MN girls know that!) it will come off easier.

but also, if you wear it with a band it may stay on better too. maybe keep it that size for a few weeks and see how it feels.
We totally think alike. Those are the 2 things I was worried about!! Like when we're in the pool playing with my little cousins would it come off?? That's where I'm worried..

How hard are your rings to get off?

When I was married the first time my ring was a "5" but when I got sized for my E-ring they recommend a 4.5, on hot days my fingers swell, and that baby won't move at all, and forget about trying to take it off. BUT when it's cold (like it is in this freakin office today) I can slide it off with a little effort. I would MUCH rather have it this way then being worried if I went swimming and it falls off.

Keep in mind if you decide to have it taken in more, you can always have it taken out in the future.

Mine is pretty loose. It doesn't really get hot or cold here so I don't notice those changes. Even when we go boarding it doesn't really change enough to notice. If I try to pull it straight off it gets stuck. I have to angle it then it slips off right away. I just wore it for a weekend playing in a pool with no problems. I will wear it on a necklace or leave it off when I go in the ocean though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kucka00 View Post
My ring is very difficult to resize and it was just like you say, a little too big, although I did not shake my hand like a maniac:)

My jewler put in these little gold balls on the bottom portion on the inside of the ring that are removable and what do you know, it fits perfectly! If you need a pic; I'll to take it and upload it:) just let me know if you don't know what i'm talking about
I have no idea what you're talking about ?? rolleyes.gif Sounds fun though!