Photo

Torn between a BBQ or a semi formal AHR

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 JOSIE

JOSIE
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:18 PM

I totally feel you on the cost issue! I'm actually not having an AHR at all due to cost. I would love to have a BBQ, but we are in Chicago and it would be too cold to do so in NOV.

I think a BBQ can be just as fun & memorable and would save you a lot of money!

Good Luck!

#12 thomasta2000

thomasta2000
    • 23 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:53 AM

I'm trying to chose between formal invitations and sending an Evite. For those of you who had a casual AHR BBQ, did you send an Evite or formal invitations? Is it too tacky to send an Evite?

#13 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
      • 369 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 06:54 AM

Well I think we are going semi-formal. We will still be having our BBQ or Taco Bar, so basically a mix of the two. We will have a slideshow going and DJ and Dancing. Basically a big party to celebrate our marriage.

#14 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
        • 444 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:24 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by thomasta2000
          I'm trying to chose between formal invitations and sending an Evite. For those of you who had a casual AHR BBQ, did you send an Evite or formal invitations? Is it too tacky to send an Evite?
          I bought invites from Target that were reasonably priced and will print them from my home computer. I think a really simple inexpensive invite would be better than an evite, but an evite wouldnt be too tacky if your AHR is very casual.

#15 beach2009

beach2009
          • 299 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:43 PM

For those planning on a BBQ AHR outdoors, just wondering do you have a back up location in case of rain?

#16 stefnicole

stefnicole
            • 544 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:22 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by beach2009
              For those planning on a BBQ AHR outdoors, just wondering do you have a back up location in case of rain?
              Our reception site is both indoors and outdoors. So if it rains, everyone will have to pack together inside, so it'll be a tight fit!

#17 blushingbride

blushingbride
              • 366 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:58 PM

We are having a BBQ AHR after we return. Since it will just be us, we figure this would be a great way to celebrate with family and friends. I got some invites off of vistaprint that work well. We are debating on whether or not to have a short, informal vow renewal (for our parents' benefit) at the AHR but don't want to make it formal at all.

#18 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
                • 369 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 03:05 PM

I don't know ladies... After our memorial day bbq I wouldn't mind having a BBQ at all!!!
                  We had a blast with the family!!!

But more than likely we will go with something inside..although we still might have BBQ

#19 akbeach

akbeach
                  • 169 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 07:27 PM

Good luck with your decision. FI and I wanted to have a back yard BBQ at my parents house, on the west coast, but I put my mom in charge because she wanted to plan it (and that way she would leave me along about the wedding). She decided within the last month to book a reception hall, hire musicians, cater it, etc. It is getting out of hand BUT I told her to plan whatever she wanted and they are paying for it so I decided to stop stressing out about it. Our second AHR is at FI's parents house, in the midwest, and is a BBQ in the backyard. So, I guess we get both although we will be tired of smiling after all of these parties!
                    http://cancunphotos.bigfolioblog.com/
                    Photo by Sascha Gluck from Cancun Photos

#20 jennie

jennie
                    • 200 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:40 AM

The whole reason why we decided to have a DW was to get away from it all and to enjoy our wedding, combined with an extended vacation, and keep the costs down.
                      We will probably just have a backyard BBQ when we get back. Probably the following week. We will just have a BBQ with close friends to share our pics and to celebrate with them.
                      I don't really think that i'll be wanting to plan too much more when the ceremony is said and done! As it is now, I can't wait to hop resorts to Sandals Ochos Rios to just relax.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users