Make up for sensitive skin

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 jajajaja

jajajaja
  • VIP Member
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:16 PM

I too tried Bare Essentials and loved it for about a week or two. It ended up making me break out really bad. Luckily I only bought the starter kit through Sephora. Apparently I have weird skin because it works out for everyone else.

I now use Mac and it seems to work well. I really like it.

I've also tried Clinque...didn't work well. My friend sold Mary Kay and guiltly made me purchase some from her. YIKES- that was the worst. My skin was so oily. I do love Laura Mercier as well. It's more on the expensive side, so I tried Mac instead.
    Happily married since 2008

#12 tvt

tvt
    • VIP Member
    • 4,812 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:36 PM

So I've been trying Benefit - Lemon Aid and Boing. Lemon aid works really well for covering anything redish. However the Boing (concealer) works like crap. I would rather use my 4 dollar tube of mabelline cover up!

#13 edna

edna
      • Site Supporter
      • 1,360 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:42 PM

I have rosacea but my dermatologist was OK with the ones I use : MAC and Bobby Brown ... I have used Clinique too and some Estee Lauder and both have worked fine to me.

#14 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:52 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Waiting_for_Sunshine
          I too tried Bare Essentials and loved it for about a week or two. It ended up making me break out really bad. Luckily I only bought the starter kit through Sephora. Apparently I have weird skin because it works out for everyone else.

I now use Mac and it seems to work well. I really like it.

I've also tried Clinque...didn't work well. My friend sold Mary Kay and guiltly made me purchase some from her. YIKES- that was the worst. My skin was so oily. I do love Laura Mercier as well. It's more on the expensive side, so I tried Mac instead.
          Funny how people's skin is so different. Clinique & mary kay are 2 that I can wear. My mom's dermatologist told her to get mary kay & all her skin problems went away.

I hope bare minerals works for me because I have $60 worth of it! I haven't used it yet. I wanted to watch the DVD first.

I can't stand perfume in makeup. They put some lip gloss on me at sephora & I had to go wipe it off. It was Nars. Real expensive & voted the best lip gloss there. I hated it.

#15 brecluse

brecluse
          • 196 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:03 AM

Oh, I wanted to mention that if you are looking for reviews on makeup/skin care I totally recommend Makeup Alley. They have tons of product reviews by just regular people and so sometimes you can get idea if something might be worth trying at least.
            TTD :: Tortola, BVI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users