Flower District NYC for Shells/Starfish

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fotini

Fotini
  • 131 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 02:01 PM

Hi ladies-

I just walked around the flower disctrict, and a bunch of the florist suppliers, had bulk Shells and starfish. Natural and dyed. And other ocean themed stuff

Its 28th street between 6th avenue and 7th avenue

This is really a lead for NYC area brides b/c most of the places do not have websites.

And its really seasonal, they have shells available spring/summer. And in the winter time they have more christmas themed stuff.

#2 pipi619

pipi619
    • 59 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 04:55 PM

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely check it out.

#3 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
      • 5,248 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 09:58 PM

I never even knew there was a such thing as flower district. And I used to live on 36th and 6th Avenue. Hmm just goes to show you, you live here all your life and still learn something knew everyday.

#4 Fotini

Fotini
        • 131 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 10:57 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
          I never even knew there was a such thing as flower district. And I used to live on 36th and 6th Avenue. Hmm just goes to show you, you live here all your life and still learn something knew everyday.
          I never knew either, one of my craftier friends sent me there when i was looking for square bowls for center peices for an event... which they have alot of that stuff too...

and the sad thing is that a bunch of condo compexes are being built there, and alot of the flower dealers are getting pushed out, much like the fulton fish market. I think the flower district is something nice to have in Manhattan. And i only just discovered it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users