Photo

English speaking Pastor in Punta Cana - Pastor York

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 shellb

shellb
  • 533 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:18 AM

We were married at the Melia Caribe Torpical in Punta Cana on April 24th. We wanted an English ceremony and chose to contact Pastor York from the Eastern Dominican Christian Mission: Eastern Dominican Christian Mission

Pastor York did a beautiful job of delivering our ceremony, Couples who have chosen to use his services will not be disappointed. He delivers a lovely ceremony and works with couples to compose the ceremony that you want. Jeff met him a half hour prior to the ceremony and said that he is very jovial, and easy to talk to. Personally, I wish that I had had more time to talk to him on the day. We wholeheartedly refer him and his services to other couples. Our guests commented on how nice of a ceremony he delivered.

#2 Nonnie

Nonnie
    • 172 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:03 PM

How does he get around the fact that ceremonies in the DR have to be in Spanish??

#3 shellb

shellb
      • 533 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 08:33 PM

If you do a symbolic or sign your legal papers prior to the ceremony with a judge / JOP, you can enlist his services.

#4 BlakleyBrideToBe

BlakleyBrideToBe
        • 2,115 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:38 PM

I'm so upset!! Just spoke to Paster York and he'll be on vacation and cant do my wedding!! He's the only English Speaking Pastor in Punta Cana!! What am I going to do now!!! I really wanted a my ceremony done ENGLISH!!

#5 shellb

shellb
          • 533 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:56 AM

Have you asked him if there are any other pastors at the mission or if there is someone in the area that is a pastor and speaks english?

#6 foxytv

foxytv
            • VIP Member
            • 7,740 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:06 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by BlakleyBrideToBe
              I'm so upset!! Just spoke to Paster York and he'll be on vacation and cant do my wedding!! He's the only English Speaking Pastor in Punta Cana!! What am I going to do now!!! I really wanted a my ceremony done ENGLISH!!
              Why don't you just have the WC or a guest translate. That's what we did and it was perfect.

#7 kcangel99

kcangel99
              • 168 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 03:20 AM

Thank you so much! I am going to try to use him for our wedding!
                Anyone interested in sharing a photographer at Paradisus Punta Cana.... June 24, 2010

http://dw.daisypath.com/fF50m7/.png

#8 shellb

shellb
                • 533 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:05 AM

Pastor York is a wonderful option for couples that want a symbolic ceremony in English.

#9 PuntaCana2010

PuntaCana2010
                  • 22 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 10:00 PM

Hi Shellb,

I have already booked the judge for my April 2010 wedding. How do I book Pastor York? Is there an additional cost for his services? What happens with the judge that was booked through the resort? I booked the Judget through RIU Palace.

Thanks.

#10 shellb

shellb
                    • 533 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:15 PM

Pastor York only does symbolic ceremonies. To make it legal you would need to either be married:
                      1) by the judge / priest in Punta Cana or
                      2) here in Canada first
                      to have a symbolic ceremony.

If you choose to go the symbolic route you need to let your wedding coordinator know because they handled the judge arrangements (or at least ours did at the Melia). When we booked Pastor York for 2009 he was charging $300 US. He is with the Eastern Dominican Christian Mission. We emailed him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users