Photo

Shellb's Melia Caribe Tropical and Wedding review (LONG)

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:30 PM

Great review. Everything sounded great! Show us the pics!!! lol.

#12 shellb

shellb
    • 533 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:02 PM

What you all have been waiting for...Finally have some photo's posted on Pictage: ..:: Pictage | Registration ::.. if you are interested in seeing.

Just create an account to login to view the event. So happy we chose Photo Souvenir!

#13 erinleigh

erinleigh
      • 316 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:28 PM

Shellb, you're pictures are amazing!! Looks like you had a perfect day, and you were a beautiful bride! Thank you for sharing your pictures with us!!

Your flowers were beautiful, were they from the resort?? Would you happen to have a copy of your ceremony? It looks like you incorporated readings, and we'd like to do that too. Just wondering how it all flows?

Thanks again for sharing. Every time I see pictures, I get so excited to get married there!

#14 montegobay09

montegobay09
        • 832 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:38 PM

I love them!! I was waiting for this review and I'm so happy I caught it just when you posted the link to your photos! You looked beautiful and I love the portraits of the two of you on the beach. ahhhhhh, aren't DW's the greatest!

#15 shellb

shellb
          • 533 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:43 PM

erinleigh:

My flowers are real touch ones I got from the US. I loved them! I think where you are in Canada it would be cheaper to get them from a Canadian supplier (no Customs or exchange rate). While at the resort I saw some beautiful bouquets being delivered or carried by wedding coordinators to weddings. They were really nice. I know Evelyn to me that I could send a photo of what I wanted and they would try to replicate. I was just so afraid they'd wilt by 4 PM.

I think I do have our ceremony from Pastor York and readings. PM me with your email address and I will forward.

Are you doing Royal Service? It is definitely the way to go for weddings...so nice to have the added perks (rooms, pool, beach, etc).

#16 shellb

shellb
            • 533 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:46 PM

montegobay09: I wouldn't have done it any other way...we had the wedding we wanted in paradise and feel blessed we were fortunate enough to be able to do so. Who could ask for more

#17 erinleigh

erinleigh
              • 316 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:46 PM

Thanks Shellb, I'll pm you. So I'm not familiar with real touch flowers - are they fake? They looked so real!!! Did you have any trouble transporting them?
                We are staying Royal Service for 2 weeks! The first week we may not get to enjoy it as much, but the second week, when everyone is gone, it will be a real honeymoon for us!

#18 shellb

shellb
                • 533 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:52 PM

erinleigh: Yes they are fake. I couldn't believe how real they looked and felt. I recommend bringing as little as possible... It's a pain lugging extra suitcases and your dress. I had my flowers in a suitcase surrounded by bags of air and other decorations. They survived the trip down, got beat up on the way back a little. Might have been when someone's bag got stuck on the loading belt for the plane and our bags fell about 20 ft to the ground. Kept thinking the whole way home I was going to have a bag full of glass, but it was only the flowers that got a bit messed up.

#19 eloping789

eloping789
                  • 290 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:38 AM

Shellb, your pictures are beautiful and you look like you had so much fun in your TTD pics. Thanks for sharing!

#20 jerzshortstuff

jerzshortstuff
                    • 303 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 01:09 AM

congrats! thanks for sharing your review!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users