Sign in to follow this  
*Jen* OPPRN

Legal Documents Translations?

Hi everyone - so I had written off Mexico due to the paperwork issue - However, because i love Mexico so much I wonder if any of you could let me know how much is involved with the paperwork and translation thing - who does the translations? Is it a hassle if you have been married before and are now divorced? Any help would be appreciated - thanks in advance cheesy.gif

opprn,

it may be different for you as i am from uk but if you are divorced over here you send your birth certificate,passport and divorce papers to a local translation office and they translate them into spanish for you.you then take your documents with you when you travel.however when i spoke to the translation office they did say it varies not only from town to town in mexico but each hotel has different rules?thats it they do everything.

are you using a ta?maybe they can help.

Hi Shellk - thanks for the info. - I do have a TA - but because it is still 18 months away I haven't talked to her about it yet - But I have fallen in love with Le Blanc on the Cancun strip and if the paperwork wasn't going to be a huge hassle then I would consider Mexico :)bunny_4.gif

Hmm...I would call the resort - I know the Moon Palace requires that THEY do all the translation. You can't get it done in advance from what I understand. So, that makes it pretty easy, I just bring all my paperwork down in english and they take care of everything. Of course, there's a charge, probably more than I would have to pay to have an outside party do it, but whatever...it's easier to just have them do it anyways!

One less thing to worry about!

Hi we only had to get FI's divorce certificate translated, and it needs to be done at the consulate. We are tying the know in Cuba and I think that is the only thing the need translated. Everything else can go down as is, in english. Hope this helps

even if there is some work to be done is the resort worth it?just make sure you don,t regret anything.