Past Brides - wind

I was just at my gfs wedding at dreams tulum and it was very very windy when she got married. SO windy that her and the groom had to switch sides b/c her veil was blowing all over her face. Once they switched sides it blew away from her which was beautiful.

The breeze was actually nice cuase it was quite hot still!

It was very windy on our resort as we were located on a point, so we chose to get married on the beach rather then on the beautiful cliff gazebo. We did go up there for pics after. Fantastic spot, extremely beautiful but the waves were so loud the it did drown us out a little. Even on the video it is like "man can you turn those down?"

I just got married in Acapulco a few weeks ago right on the beach and it was definately windier than I thought it was going to be! The day before, I considered moving it inside because I was worried about the noise of the waves, the wind, etc. I'm not sure if I would do it differently if I did it all over again. It was nice being outside right on the beach, but I got one of those long veils because I thought it would look pretty blowing in the wind, but I guess I should have switched places with my FI because it was blowing in my face the entire time! I think at one point my dad had to hold onto part of it because it was blowing so much! Finally I tucked it in my arm and then it stayed put. The other thing was we had a unity candle ceremony and it took about 5 people to finally get the candle lit because of the wind. I haven't asked my guests about the noise- and I haven't seen my video yet, but we made sure to get microphones, so hopefully our guests could hear us! The wind seemed to die down a little by the time the reception started, so it wasn't a big deal for that part. Maybe during January it won't be so badhuh.gif

I got married 10 days ago in Playa del Carmen and it was super windy ! Surprisingly, the flower petals stayed very well in the sand, long after the ceremony was over. My veil was tucked behind my shoulders (elbow length) so it was OK. And we had rented speakers and wireless microphone, glad we did ! We used it both for the ceremony and the speeches.

It was windy on our wedding day and the only thing I would change is tell my mom and my sister to put TONS of hairspray in their hair. My hair stayed still but they hadn't used any hairspray and the pics there aren't very flattering because their hair was in their face. As for sound, everyone could hear the ceremony even though we were right by the water. We didn't have a professional video done but a friend of ours did some video. We ended up removing the sound cause there was too much wind, and just adding music. I'm sure if you had it professionally done though that a microphone would be used or something. I wasn't a big deal at all and I wouldn't change my plans because of that. It was more of a relief to have something to cool us down! - definately more pros than cons.