Sparklers...

Jen, definitly one per person. The way I look at it, if Cain got one to play with and I didn't I would want to fight him for it.. LOL..

I'm super excited to go, I'm actually writing care notes to everyone on how to take care of our pets and such, right now. lol.. And I'm printing out all my wedding crap as we speak as well.

Jen you made me remember I wanted to do sparklers. Crap it may be too late now to add them.

Jen I'm going to PM you my phone number and hotel information. IF you can make it out on Saturday night and join us for some drinks I would love to meet up. How are you doing what else do you have to do?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VIP Member

One thing to think about when timing your sparklers is how long you have your photographer. Are they leaving after the first dance? Then I would say use them at that point. It makes for great photos... but only if someone is taking them!!

Ooh! This is one thing I acutally have experience in! Lol!

I used sparklers at my wedding...used them at the end of the night as we were leaving. I LOVED it! And people really seemed to have fun with them. I think you could totally do that if you wanted. Although it would be equally pretty when you enter the reception, or as Courtney said, during the first dance.

Personally, I would order more. People like sparklers. And some people will light theirs a little early. . .and it will burn out. . .and they'll want another one etc. Although that probably depends on what the burn time is on yours. I know there are some that burn longer...but most burn out fairly fast. I would say at least 1 per person - you may end up with a few extras but I think the more the better...and that way everyone can have their own. :-)

Also, you'll want to maybe test one and see how difficult they are to light. One wedding I went to, the sparklers were super hard to light for some reason...so the guests only had like 1/3 of them lit when the bride and groom were walking out...they were already in their limo by the time the majority of them were lit! I would reccomend either long matches (which worked fine at my wedding) or have a few people with those big, long lighters...like you would use to light the grill or the fireplace. Those work really well too.

And just for fun. . .pictures!

Here are a couple of the sparklers from my wedding.

SmugMug - steve horvath (stevehorvath) : Rachelle & David's Wedding

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpkw View Post
I ordered mine through my coordinator. They are $2.50 per sparkler (for the giant ones). Christa - is this what you paid?

Also, Christa - did you make some announcement or something when you used them after dinner, or how did it work?
Hey Jen,

Yes, that's exactly what I paid thru Maye.

And we had such a small group (16), we didn't do an announcement really. I just said "oh shit, we have sparklers!" And everybody started lighting them!

Oh yeah, about getting them passed out and lit (the sparklers, not the guests! lol!) See if you can designate a couple people to make sure everyone has them and they can carry around a lighter or whatever to help light them. That's what we did...seemed to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwards View Post
Oh yeah, about getting them passed out and lit (the sparklers, not the quests! lol!) See if you can designate a couple people to make sure everyone has them and they can carry around a lighter or whatever to help light them. That's what we did...seemed to work.
Great idea Rachelle! Thanks!!!! I think I'll do them after dinner / during first dance since Juan will still be there. I LOVE your sparkler pictures!!

I'm going to order more now!

Quote:
Rachelle... that's the first I've ever seen of your wedding pictures!! I looked through all of them
Help yourself!! I don't mind a bit. I LOVE looking at them. . .but am never sure that other people are actually interested. So I try to limit who I force them on! Lol!

Quote:
Great idea Rachelle! Thanks!!!! I think I'll do them after dinner / during first dance since Juan will still be there. I LOVE your sparkler pictures!!
Thank you! It was lots of fun! Can't wait to see YOUR sparkler pics! ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMMYM View Post
Jen I'm going to PM you my phone number and hotel information. IF you can make it out on Saturday night and join us for some drinks I would love to meet up. How are you doing what else do you have to do?

Tammy - yes, send me your info & I'll send you mine! I'd LOVE to meet up in Cabo!!!

We have a lot of little things still to do - seating charts & placecards, thank you letter for OOT bags, gifts for wedding party... This weekend is crunch time! I'm getting SO excited though. I got my dress yesterday and LOVE it!!